Did we have sex too soon?

I've been seeing this guy for 3 weeks now and we get on really well and I've not felt this happy in a ages! there's something about him that excites me and he's such a nice guy! Anyway last Friday night he invited me to his friends house for a few drinks which was good! We got quite drunk and ended up having sex and woke up in his arms! Did I jump into bed with him too soon? Have I blown my chances of being his girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had sex with my current girlfriend after 3 weeks (her choice) and we've now been together 3 and a half years. We are also buying a house together. Hope this helps

• Aw that's great! :) thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know... i honestly feel too soon, if i dated a guy i wouldn't feel ready as long as we barely know each other, he could be anyone... and sex is a very sacred thing, you could ever let anyone get that intimate with you so i feel it should be treated with the utmost sensitivity and respect, so i personally would never jump in a bed with someone THAT fast and i worry for those who do because i've never seen things work out for long because most guys like the chalange and if you give it away easily they tend to be put off, so i understand your concerns completely. I guess all you can do is not worry about it for now, stay cool about it and see what happens, it's still too early on to tell if things will work-out even if he's not that type of guy to leave a girl after sex, but don't regret the sex you had ether, i mean you clearly enjoyed it so jsut know even if it wasn't meant to be, you still got a good go of him teehee :D.

• Yeah I mean I've never done this before! I've been so used to having long term relationships where I've waited 3 months before sex! But he still wants to see me again and we've arranged to hang our again this week! I'm going to play it cool and see where it goes from there!

• New is always better sometimes i guess good luck! i hope he's a cool guy

• Thanks! I hope so too!

What Guys Said 4

• Why would you have blown your chances? If he wants to be your girlfriend, and knows thee type of person you, having sex soon won't change his opinion of you and what he wants.

• There's no reason to wait just for the sake of waiting.
    You say you get on really well and you are happy and all that. Sounds like you took the natural next step for you two.

• Ok thank you for this! I've never jumped into bed with someone this quickly though! Nothing has changed between us as we're still talking as normal and he wants to see me again!

• Having sex with a guy is the quickest way to find out if he's actually interested in you.

If he still wants to go out with you after sex, he was always interested in having you as a girlfriend.

If he blows you off after sex, all he ever wanted was sex.

Just to be clear, having sex with a guy isn't going to change his ideas of what he wanted from you. If he wanted a girlfriend, he'll take the sex as a sign to move forward, if he wanted sex he'll move on.

• I don't think you've blown your chances. Are you still taking the same and nothing is awkward?

• No its not awkward at all! Like in the morning we both chatted as normal! And he says he wants to meet me again

• Then it's all good. He had a great experience. There's no reason you couldn't become his girlfriend

What Girls Said 4

• This kind of things totally depends on what kind of man he is.
    Many men I know would think three weeks is far from being too soon. It's basically considered normal where I live and men wouldn't think it's something that blow up the chances of a relationship. I don't think either.

• He's very open and honest with me about everything! I feel quite relaxed with already! But we're only at the dating stage at the moment! He has said he really likes me and wants to meet up again!

• Has anything changed with him since then?

• Not really he was texting me last night wanting to arrange to meet up again!

• Sounds like things are progressing fine then. No need to worry.

• If he didn't text you afterwards, then yeah. Too soon.

• yes it was too soon.

• When do you think is the right time?