Did I do something wrong?

So i met the girl next door who happens to be the same age as me after recently moving into our apartment. She came over to introduce herself and we had a nice conversation and i asked her questions about the new school id be attending and we laughed and i felt like hit it off. At the end of the night she gave me her number and i texted her off and on over the next day or so. The first day of school came and unfortuanelty i wasn't able to start yet do to problems in the system, she did however and invited me to come to a litte local shop to have lunch with her and her friends.(students can leave campus for lunch) I felt like i made a good impression to her friends and we had a good time in my eyes. The weekend rolled around and i texted her and asked her if she wanted to hang out and maybe come over and watch a movie or something of the sort. She then started acting weird and saying how she was too tired from volleyball and stuff and told me not tonight sorry. That was fine for me so i just said goodnight and texted her again the next day by saying' "hey :)". Since then which has been about a day and half i havnt heard from her and she said last week she would invite me to lunch again today which she never did. My question is, did i do something to scare her off like asking her to hang too soon or what?
Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't seem like you did anything wrong, but maybe she felt that you came on too strongly. The secret is really that girls need to feel comfortable around you before they would consider being in any sort of relationship, whether it be platonic or more. Honestly, girls are more often than not are very picky and iffy when they meet new guys; just trying to feel them out. Coming out too strong will scare her away. Girls want to feel secure that the friendship is genuine, not looking to get into her pants. Girls want to see how assertive you can be without being too clingy. Make her miss you. Girls like a challenge just as much as guys do. And keep it light and fun. A relationship starts with a friendship first.

Most Helpful Guy

• She might have thought that you're going too fast.
    You should have asked her out alone for a coffee or a movie in a theater rather than at your house.
    No worries dude, shit happens.
    Wait for a week or two. Don't text her or contact her in any manner otherwise she would think that you're smothering her and will see you as clingy/desperate.
    If she doesn't text after this time period, just send a random joke or a meme to her.
    If she doesn't reply even after that then she's not the one for you, son.

What Girls Said 5

• it seems like she might be thinking things are moving too fast. or maybe she's never kissed a guy and is worried that during a movie you would try to make a move, seems like she likes hanging with you in a larger group. she's probably trying to get more comfortable with you before she's ready to hangout with you alone!!

• I think you are just excited ; but you do not need hurrying. She might scared.
    Just wait a little.

• No, she's probably just overwhelmed. im pretty sure she wants to date you. maybe just ask her if she's okay. tell her u think she's acting weird

• I think you shouldn't text her as often. Give her some time to miss you. Let her text you first sometime, and give her some space.

• too soon i think.

What Guys Said 0