Is race a big factor in a relationship?

I was wondering do any of you have certian qualities about boyfriends/girlfriends/lovers/future husband and wives to be. I know we all have the little things, but should colour be a major factor in a realationship? Also I know there are a lot of different races out there but I'm only doing black and white because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do enough answers XD

• I'am white but I prefer black boyfriends/girlfriends
  • I'am black but I prefer white boyfriends/girlfriends
  • I would prefer to go out with someone of the same race
  • It doesn't matter because they love me and I love them
  • Results

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely not! Who cares the color of ones skin. We're all people. We all have muscles, blood, bones and a heart. If you love the person, why should you not be with them cause they are different colored? Hell no

• I didn't have the intention of offending anyone when I posted this, if I did then I'm sorry, just got a bit curious XD

• Sorry, I know what you mean. If you want me to take it down then I can

• That couldn't have been said more perfectly. :)

What Guys Said 40

• Skin color isn't that big of a deal. I don't like people because of their race/nationality; but because of them as a person.

• It doesn't matter because MY DICK GETS HARD EITHER WAY YAY!!! i1127.photobucket.com/.../...2f51dad-602887537.gif + I might be #shallow but even I can look past someone's skin color ^_^

• It is a HUGE factor only if you care about it.
    For me, I am only attracted to white women. Maybe I could go for a latino that is more white looking.
    I am not against inter-racial couples in any way.
    I just am not attracted to any others. not something I control.

• Of course the MHO must be the most hypocrite answer of them all. ''We are all people who cares about skin colour.'' Well guess what, 1st off race is not just skin color. 2nd off each race has its own culture, characteristics and abilities unique to them. In other words YES race play a major factor in a relationship especially when it comes to white people who are being taught to think it is immoral to feel pride for what they are.

• African and Caucasian aren't the only races by the way

• I have dated women several parts of the world. I have learned that race is not and issue. The issue is that people choose to make it an issue.

I hear people say stuff about cultural differences but that really isn't it. Take a Brazilian guy and a Japanese girl and people talk about cultural differences. Take an English guy and a Russian girl and suddenly nobody talks about cultural differences. So I think that this statement is often misused. Those cultural differences can make the relationship interesting.

Another overused one is the "We have to keep the races pure"... Why should we do that? Trust me, we'll live.

Ultimately what is important if the two people involved can live with each other and all the rest of us should just leave them alone.

• It's not a big factor for me. Here in Brazil people don't give a fuck about races in relationships, interracial couples are common and socially accepted here.

• How Brazilian people view each other is how people in the United States or other countries similar should view one another. People fail to realize that race and culture are two separate things and in Brazil regardless of what your skin tone may be everyone there is Brazilian. There is that one unifying factor among everyone that levels the playing field. In the U. S. people seem to hold on to their culture which is 100% okay, but sometimes they don't recognize they're also American, or someone of a different race refuses to call them American simply because they look and sound different.

• You're right. I don't mean that racism here doesn't exist and that there aren't different cultures here, but there are severe laws against racism and we like sharing our culture despite there's regional pride. However, we indeed see each other as part of one single nation regardless of race, this is a big quality we have.

• it matters to some I'm sure. I couldn't care less.

• I love women of all races and ethnicities, there's so much beauty in each one :)

Besides it would be hypocritical of me, at least in my eyes, to be like "I only date white/black/Asian/Latina women" when I'm mixed of several different things (Puerto Rican, Cuban, Italian, Chinese, Spanish, and Hebrew).

• Race isn't, but culture is.

• I agree. It is the culture aspects around a race, that is the main factor, more than race itself.

• Of course race matters. Everything matters!

The reality is, not everyone is attracted to people of different races. I'm a big, bulky white guy, so Asian girls aren't into me. I get tons of interest from Latinas, though. My race has everything to do with who's attracted to me.

• Hasn't been an issue any time in the last ten months. Hasn't even merited discussion. I feel like things such as this can only be a problem if someone involved wants it to be.

• It is more about culture, than race.

Every ethnicity / race (especially in America ), has developed its own culture, and day-to-day marriage and how to raise children are HIGHLY based on culture.

• I don't care at all. I vote for human female.

• Probably white girls but in saying that there were a few black girls in the past that I have been with and made a tral connection with. I don't think race comes into it. You know when you know.

• No, but culture is.

• Nope not really.

• Yes we all do have little choices in our selection for future husband/wife... Ultimately at the end its the person whom we have a compatibility with or whom we fall in love with... Color is not a major factor in a relationship though. We might have a preference for color but again if you don't have the compatibility with the person then it will not work... in case you have a preference then may be try searching for one with whom you have compatibility.

• I am white and I prefer Asian girls. Why? who knows. I like their noses soooo freaking much. Their attitude is less "douchy", less stuck up.

I think most are accepting of who you are and not who you should be, like David Beckham.

• I don't really care about the race
    It's rather more interesting to get to know new cultures

• It doesn't matter to me. As long as we love each other, nothing else matters.

• yes. depending on your family's view, it could be a problem. not saying you shouldn't, just that it might be difficult.

• Yes, for me it is. I prefer white and East Asian girls for various reasons, both racially and culturally.

• Race doesn't matter to me. It's most about if we can get along and if I find her beautiful.

• I only like white girls.

• It doesn't matter to me but its for sure a big factor in a lot of peoples mind

• For girls, yes. For guys, not as much.

• I usually hear guys going on about what race they prefer and how it matter, not the other way around.

• @xXiTacoXx funny how a bunch of girls down voted me but none were willing to argue with me about it. Maybe because we all know it's true.

• Nah, it's not true it's just many of us don't feel like arguing. Plenty of women are vocal about our preferences, but most of us also have no preference when it comes to race as long as the guy is a good person. Guys on the other hand care more about race and looks than just personality alone. A dude would rather bag some hot bitchy Hispanic chick than a nice Asian chick with average to below average looks, even if the Asian girl proved she's nicer and willing to treat him right and do more for him. Girls on the other hand would rather date someone like an ugly and kind Hispanic guy, than rude and hot Black guy because for us race some last while personality is 1st or 2nd depending on the girl.

• it can be. peolpe can have any dating standards they opt for..

• "A lot of different races"? How many you think? Exactly one! So in reality race doesn't matter, but how much one cares about what others think and how much they allow that to dictate what they do or don't do or who they hang out with, date or marry does.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 31

• Personally I don't understand how people have the mentality of only going out with their own race. I understand that it might just happen that you usually fall for someone of the same race, but I don't think you should actively seek people only from your race and not even taste the rainbow a little bit. My first real boyfriend was black mixed with something else (can't remember) and my second real boyfriend was white as hell. I've mostly dated (not serious, but casual) guys of a different race. It's not because I actively seek to be with a white guy, but I live in a mainly white community where black guys choose to ignore black girls and only date white girls so I'm kind of forced into interracial dating in a way. It doesn't matter to me. I'll date any race. I have had a crush on almost all races in my lifetime. Personality is what truly matters. I honestly don't see color.

• Zero fucks given about race when it comes to who I like. .3.

• I'm biracial, I'm Puerto Rican and Jamaican race isn't a huge issue for me but I do have a preference. If I could say who I find the most attractive of all races it would probably be blacks, secondly Asians (specifically Japanese) and Native Americans. Every other race is about the same. My boyfriend is black and I find him so beautiful to look at. I love everything from his facial features, to how deep his skin is, I love his beautiful hair, his voice, and how muscular he is so naturally. I just think black people are really beautiful lol. It's okay to have a preference, but I don't think someone should exclusively be into anything. It just filters out so many wonderful people you know? :)

• i think that what really matters would be the two persons happy with each other but to each their own.. some people might just prefer to go for similar race than them

• The answer lies in researching what goes on when visiting their home life & vice versa, for that's where one will run for advice & comfort when things get rocky with each other. Some families meld well and others are "out there", thinking they are gods and the rest are odd.

Not just race but also research ALL potential land mines ahead that could help destroy your love connection.

• Race does matter to some people when it comes to relationships I don't know why people think the way they do but I have seen black women on here say they only will date a white man and want mixed kids and I have seen white women say they only date black men. I have seen black men online talk shit about black women and say they only date white women and I have seen white men talk shit about black women and say they only date white women. In some cases I'll even see white men talk down on white women and say they want a exotic looking mixed girl

• I personally think that color shouldn't/doesn't necessarily have a big impact... but there are some instances where "culture" plays a significant role... and in some cases, the different cultural background includes a different color of the skin-- making it seem synonymous or something. But anyways, culture usually has big impact if the two people aren't culturally partial

• Honestly, where do you people come from? Are you grown like little hate-filled radishes or something? The race-baiting just doesn't compute.

• I don't think it matters at all - the only thing that might get into the way sometimes might be a different culture if your partner is from a very different country to yours but even that shouldn't be a big issue if you reall love each other.

• it doesn't matter to me at all..

• I think interracial dating is pretty much a norm.

• I don't really care about race...
    It's all the same to me if I love them.

• Race and ethnicity wouldn't stop me from dating someone.

That said, I'm white, but for some reason I'm not as attracted to white guys as I am to mixed race guys. But that's not to say that I don't like white guys.

• Race shouldn't matter

people make things too difficult in this world

Does it even matter? You are going to b dead someday. Just love who you love. No excuses.

• It's not really about the colour but whether their beliefs and culture clashes with mine. There needs to be a common ground.

• I date the rainbow. 😆

• race has never been an issue with me. i don't have a type lol

• I'm cool with whatever

• Well im German, Lebanese and Mexican. I prefer being with someone within that realm. I wouldn't date a white or black guy.

• Yeah usually

• I prefer to date outside my race, its a preference. People don't respect it, but hey whatcha gonna do.

• I know it is for a lot of people (though that may just be my area), but it doesn't bother me.

• I am White and prefer White men. Preferably WASPs

• To clarify, i have dated Black and Asian guys and would date them again. I could not date a Hispanic man as I am half Italian and hate Italian men and the similarities are too strong

• It shouldn't be

• It's funny how when a white person says they wish to date within their own race it's fine and 'everybody has their own preferences' but when it's a non white person they're accused of being backwards, ignorant and closed minded.

• Acting Like You Ain't Catfish! XD

The girl in the pic Andrea Botezatu! XD

• for me it's not about the race it's more about culture i like guys that are are British allstrailan and Canadian guys exsept for some Turkish Indian and Pakistani guys those are the only cultures iv had difficulties with but not all of them just some of them

• No pakistanis please. But no it doesn't matter.

• you dislike them? what race are you?

• I white. a lot Pakistani rapists and child molesters in my area disproportionate to the racial demograph.

• I'm biracial (half black half white) and I've never dated a black man, I've dated one half black half white guy. But I prefer white, then Latin or native.

• Its not a big factor... preference wise though I find green or blue eyes, freckles, and wavy to be very attractive. Chances are I'd be dating within my own race because the area I live is very but I'm open to anyone. Personality comes first.

• More from Girls
    1