How do I approach a stranger on a daily commute?

About a month ago, my shift pattern changed in work and I started getting a later train. The first time I took this train, a guy caught my eye and we exchanged a few glances and smiles and its been like that pretty much daily since. When I board the train, he's already on it and he usually keeps an eye on the door to see me getting on and then throughout the journey he'll look over and we'll smile at one another.
This has been going on for about a month! I think he's too shy to make a move.
What should I do? I would love to get to know this guy a bit more but he's usually working on his laptop with headphones in so I'm not even sure how to approach him and start a conversation!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Walk up say hi my names and shack his hand

• He always seems to have his headphones in so I don't want to look like an idiot in front of a packed train if he doesn't hear me!

• Tap him on tge sholder

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok I'm taking this from a movie I saw.

Deliberately bump into him and say heyyyyyyyyyyy whatcha doing?

• Haha!! The only thing is, he's usually sitting down by the time I board the train so if I bump into him, I'll more than likely end up falling in his lap!!

• hmmm ok... I never suggested that but you thought of that yourself.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Just try siting by him

• Sit next to him and say hi

• The seats are usually full that time of morning. I sat next to him once but he had his headphones in so I didn't get the chance to speak to him but he kept looking at me every now and then and smiling.