Girls, is it true that really hot girls often don't get asked out very often?

There's a girl at my college who I think is a 10. She's gorgeous and really smart, but she never has boyfriends. I'd really like to ask her out, but I'm not in her league looks-wise. I have a lot to offer a girl, though. I'm just not sure if she's alone by choice. Some of my female friends have urged me to ask her out because they say that she probably never gets asked out by guys because they believe she's out of their leagues. Is this true?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. It's true for several reasons.

A very hot girl will mostt likely know it. She knows she looks great. She knows all the boys chase her. This causes her to have a very high level of confidence and ego. Guys can get really intimidated by this and while they may love looking at her, they don't necessarily want to bring her into his life.

Another thing is hot girls, because they know every boy probably thinks she is the hottest thing around, she doesn't have to try hard to get a guy's attention so there is no place of charm. As a guy you probably feel flattered by the feeling of a girl trying to be her best around you if she likes you. Hot girls don't do that so you don't get that good feeling from her.

Lastly, kinda similar to the previous reason, guys like to feel wanted. But if the hot girl has sooo many options of guys, chances are she's not going to take her time to make them all feel wanted and special. She will treat them all the same and the guy probably wouldn't want to date her if she can't make him feel wanted.

What Girls Said 31

• Yes. My sister is pretty hot (not just saying that because she is my sister) - lots go guys have said she is and they were hot/good looking guys too. She has been asked out like twice in her life and that was only in middle school. Well, not twice. She finally got someone to ask her out last year and she's in her 3rd year in college. They are casually dating, but aren't serious yet.

I have been told by a lot of guys (and girls) that I am hot, but I rarely get asked out. Actually, I've only been officially asked out once. I always have to do the asking and most times, I still get rejected - which is actually a good thing because they are never really the right guys for me. Still even if I know a guy likes me, he won't ask me out. I'm done doing the asking, though, so if a guy likes me or if I like a guy, I'm not going to do a single thing about it. I'll make it obvious I like them, but they are the ones who have to do the asking.

Don't say you are not in her league. Not all pretty girls are shallow. I'm not. Sure, I have to be attracted to the guy I'm dating, but my attraction to the guys personality is what really wins me over. Physical looks aren't everything. I have liked a lot of guys who friends and family have said aren't good enough for me/I'm out of their league, but I continue to like them anyway.

• Oh definitely. At my work I have a very old and very wise manager who likes to tell stories of his youth and once told me that even though he knew he wasn't the best looking guy around he was always dating super attractive women because he knew most guys would be too intimidated to ask them out so he would be the only one making a move.

• It depends. I'd guess that the hot girls who are flirty and outgoing get asked out a bunch, but not so much the quiet or introverted hot girls.

Attractive people can be intimidating, so if she's not really "out there" socially (i. e. doesn't party or have a lot of friends), then people probably mentally overlook her, thinking she's too good for them and probably already has a boyfriend.

• Maybe looks intimidate the guys, maybe she has very high standards, maybe she isn't interested in a committed relationship, maybe she wants to be single for a while to focus on her studies. Maybe she has a boyfriend somewhere else and doesn't speak publicly about him. Could be so many things. But you an ask her if you. I don't see why not. Just be prepared for whatever.

• People tell me I'm beautiful all the time (not trying to sound concided at all) however I almost never get asked out. It makes me feel like I'm unattractive when I'm not. I have lots of friends and am so fun and nice I just don't get it :/

• Were same I can relate too u I really don't know whats the problem my friends said that I'm kinda hot and sexy too u know I notice lot of people kinda glance or stare at me especially guys but never ask or approach me by the way u look so fierce and pretty in your pic I think you're pretty in personal 😊😊😊

• Yeah really true don't you notice many average and ugly girls have boyfriends and the hot ones are always lonely because they don't have boyfriend or maybe guys are not asking them out if I were u I'm going to ask that hot girl maybe she's just waiting for a guy to approach her don't be shy I know that she will be going to be nice to u just always have a positive thoughts ☺☺☺

• TBH if you like a guy you should ask him out. Stop waiting to be asked out.

• Why? That's pretty sexist.

Guys can be shy too. In fact, many are. If both the guy and the girl are shy, then explain why it's up to the guy to make a move?

Is it because you don't want to put any work into it, or take any risks?

• You know girls afraid of rejection too and guys should know that 😊😊😊

• I think it all just depends.
    I'd consider myself to be "average" and I've never been asked out. But maybe it is that guys think they're out of their league

• You are definitely above average.

• Thank you :)
      Honestly as long as a guy can make me laugh and is nice, I'll give them a chance

• But I also tend to have a "bitch face" so I could scare off any guy with the slightest bit of interest in me 😂

• It is definitely true. I have many friends who are very confident, intelligent, pretty, and have an amazing personality, yet they still do not get asked out by guys. Usually it is because the guys believe they're conceited, mean, rude, etc. but they don't take the time to get to know her. I think you should figure her out before asking her out, that way you have an idea of what she is like. Otherwise, she might turn you down if she has no idea who you are. Making an attempt at it won't hurt though. :-) Another thing to consider is maybe she isn't looking or isn't ready for a stable relationship in which she can give it her all. But if she knows you're interested, I'm pretty sure she would go on a date to see if she'd like to pursue the relationship or not.

• I'm thinking that might be true actually. I would think that they would be more intimidated by her than an a plain jane or insecure that she'd leave and find someone better looking. That's just a theory.

• it's definitely somewhat true. but dude just because she seems out of your league, doesn't make her so much more special than any other human being, she's just a girl so just find the guts talk to her if you're that interested lol

• I think you should go for it, ask her out. She'll appreciate it, because confident guys are attractive. If she says no because of looks, she's shallow and not the right one.
    I think the guys who have asked me out are attractive just because of their confidence. But I don't sit around waiting for guys to ask me out. If I see a guy I'm interested in, I go up to him.

• Wow then I must be one hot mama

• not sure, but my cousin is very beautiful, hot and gorgeous, lol, I see her as a role model lol and she only had 1 boyfriend in all her life (and at the age of 28) and she is 29now. they broke up.

• Not true it depends on the type of guys

• That's somewhat true. It really depends though.

• It depends on the woman, I'd say. You can always give it a shot, if you get turned down, too bad.

• I heard it's true but I'm not sure exactly.

• She might not be very open to new guys that she doesn't know very well

• Partially, because pretty girls get asked out all the time, but its usually not to start a relationship, its usually just for fun or just for sex.

Most guys will hit on pretty girls like its a game/bet/challenge to see how far they will get. There's no real intention/purpose, because they don't believe she would actually be interested in them.

Then, with other guys, they won't attempt to get to know a pretty girl, because they believe she's already taken or a gold digger or a player or stuck up/high maintenance, or out of their league & would never be interested in them. Some guys will fear she's only being nice to use them. It's crazy the things some of these guys come up with.

Lastly, you have the jackasses, who hit on pretty girls just for sex. They like to brag about all the gorgeous girls they pumped & dumped. Yes, women get used for their beauty. It's no joke guys get an ego boost with a pretty lady on their arm.

In the end, it's all about quality not quantity.

• Umm some what. Some guys feel intimated
    But not all the time if she's single don't worry about if anyone has ever asked her out or not
    Go for it you might be surprised with the response

• No. Hot girls get approached countless times, I have some hot friends and as an average person you see them getting approached sometimes as much as 40 times in 2 hours, no exaggeration!

• Yeah it's true.. They see good looks and must think taken or out of league

• TRUE
    but temper that answer with
    they need to spend just as much time on studies/work as everyone else
    they are as picky as other gals about repeat dates
    they get just as many offers, only from the extremes more than the norm... not always an ideal position

"Never" does not apply here

Gals don't always think they are superior, more often than you know the real beauties look into the mirror and think everyone else looks better!

Bottom line = ASKING is a generous offer of respect, honor and intent to better someone's night, so just DO IT
    Everyone in this life is some sort of salesman to better himself = risk vs profit, no big deal if you lose, big deal if you win!

• I like your post, but I will say this: it *is* a big deal for lots of guys when we get rejected by the girl we like. The reason for this is that we don't casually choose the girls we want to date. Players do that. More sincere and commitment-oriented guys take rejection very hard because we may encounter 3 or 4 girls in a year who we'd really be interested in dating.

• Agree with that... at that age range but
      as we mature we realize that... if not this time, next time maybe and even years later we find that ideal person finally willing & waiting with open arms... all b/c we ASKED once upon a time = we were/are interested in them

• No that's not true. They get plenty of attention

• Attention and invitations for dates are two different things.

• See.. girls who are smart nd gorgeous often do not keep bfs cuz they don't want to get hurt.. nd its never that a guy who has lot to offer doesn't come under her league... she is smart nd once u ask her its damn sure that she will take time to reconsider all those things in her mind... she wants a guy who will truly take care of her (as you say she is gorgeous nd really smart nd smart girls r like that), love her nd won't ever leave her... so just make a first move nd wait to see what happens... if u succeed in making her trust you then trust me you r the ri8 boy for her...

• Your friends might be true.

• That's not true at all only jealous and insecure and ugly women think that

• It depends. Some do and some don't. It depends on her intimidation factor.
    Shy, tall, intelligent, stuck-up, and reserved girls are just a few types girls who won't get asked out much even if they're hot. Sometimes even less than average looking girls of those types. Its because these types of hot girls seem way more likely to reject guys so most guys won't even consider attempting to ask them out..

If a girl is hot and outgoing, flirty, an air head, or just friendly and down to earth most of those types get asked out a lot.

• Yes, this girl is pretty reserved and intelligent, so I think a lot of guys interpret that as her not being interested in guys or being really picky.

• I'm not sure if I'm considered hot as beauty in the beholder but i often get shocked reactions when i say i don't get asked out often. When it does happen, seems only the
    super aggressive types ask me

• I never had a boyfriend and I don't really think i am beautiful. But I did see average / ugly girls with boyfriends.

• More from Girls
    1