Is it possible women on dating websites don't message certain guys because they seem intimidating?

Whether it's by looks or background or education etc.

My friend, and I don't mean to sound cocky at all but I need to speak the truth, isn't anywhere as good looking as me, he doesn't have a degree, he doesn't dress well and he doesn't put anything interesting on his profile when it comes to online dating. I've read it myself.

How does he manage to get girls messaging him and I don't? Is it the way he portrays himself? Especially when you consider the fact that it's mainly guys who send the first message.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been on two dating sites, one was just terrible. I messaged many guys and only a few responded. No dates, just weirdos and inappropriate comments. The one I'm currently on is better, probably because I have a paid subscription and they are more selective. I've been emailing one guy and we're meeting this Friday for the first time. I contacted him first, as I recall, but I don't think it really matters who does the messaging first. What's important is what you're writing. If it sounds insincere or something general like "hi, how are you?" you'll rarely get a response. I learned this from experience. In my opinion, the more creative your messages are, the more responses you'll receive. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't message guys because they're overloaded with messages already.

What Girls Said 1

• They don't message because they're getting messages from better guys

• How would they be able to compare if they don't even talk to the guy?

What Guys Said 0