Is it normal for a couple to talk less often than they did in the beginning of the relationship?

I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 months now. In the beginning we talked all day long and he always sent me texts first. Now it's rare if he sends one first. We are great in person but we only see each other on the weekends so we rely on text throughout the week. I just feel like he doesn't want to talk as much. Could it just be because he's done the chase?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends

U have phases when u talk more and phases when u talk less

The trick for when the slow phases happen is to try to relax and take ur mind off of him and it for a bit. In no time u nd him will miss each other nd u will see how the conversation will pick up.

However the most important here is not amount of talk, but also quality. And as long as u are there for each other, whatelse can u possibly want?

What Guys Said 5

• All relationships go through a cooling off period. As long as everything else is honest and happy I wouldn't worry about it

• It's probably normal, but there are plenty of old couples who have been married for 50 years and they still have stuff to talk about.

• it´s kind of normal. you shouldn´t expect him to behave this way forever. in dating you need to fight for her. if you´ve got her, you can chill out a bit.

• That's normal. You don't need to talk to each other 24/7.

• I'm trying to talk to him less so he doesn't think I'm clingy.

• Talk to him. I'm sure he misses you as well.

• You don't need to talk 24/7. It's nice to not be constantly glued to your phone.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, that's normal. It doesn't mean he doesn't like you anymore or something. Don't worry :)

• thank you :) I just feel bad because I think I bother him when I text first. He takes awhile to reply most times so that just fuels my thought.

• We talk at least 3-4 hours a day. Not all at once though.

• That's ok I guess :) Also, don't text him just because it's usual or a habit, you know? I mean, don't feel obligated to start a conversation if you don't have anything to say. Give each other space and when you have something new to tell him or miss him, start a conversation.