Should I be mad at my girlfriend for drinking and driving?

My girlfriend went out with some friends of her's last night, she texted me and told me that she wanted to marry me so I knew she was drunk.. I told her to catch a uber home and she told me she was. This morning she told me that she drove home nearly blackout drunk and I'm not sure why I got so mad but I got really mad and completely flipped out on her.. Now she won't even talk to me.. Did I come down on her too hard? Should I have made such a big deal out of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are right to be mad at her dude she could have killed someone! I had 3 friends who recently lost their lives because of a drunken driver. He was going over 100 when he crashed into them. His truck caught on fire from a diesel leak and he died later too. he was 3X the legal limit of intoxication

What Girls Said 4

• for sure. u have every right to be. she could have gotten hurt. u got mad because u love her so much.

seriously? is there nothing called tough love in relationships anymore? if she's not talking to u, then she clearly doesn't realise how dumb she was to put herself in that amount of danger -.-

• No, that's *definitely* something you make a big deal out. She's an idiot and could have killed someone. If she doesn't grasp the severity of what she has done wrong, you need to get her out of your life immediately. That's not an attitude that should be acceptable.

• Yes it's a huge deal that she did that. She could have died or killed someone else. Does she not realize how stupid she was being?

• it IS a big deal!

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, you were 100% right to do that. Either way you have to apologize because she's a woman and women don't like when they're wrong. Tell her that you only did it because you care about her.

• She clearly needs someone to make her realize how stupid she was being.