To be or not to be friends? How do I respond to the 3 words every woman dreads hearing "I'm not ready?"?

Been dating this guy for about 2 months. He works overseas for part of the year (6 months.) This is of course a temporary work situation. He says right now b/c he will be so far away, he is not ready for a relationship. I know his ex cheated really bad while he was away, so I really did not know how to respond. I haven't yet. I REALLY like him. Which would be better at actually having a future with him, if he wants to. 1) Cutting off all contact to make him step up to the plate... 2) Continue communication while he is away & agree to be friends... I can see how both could hurt me... PLEASE HELP...

What Guys Said 1

• Id go with the second choice knowning it probably won't go anywhere but at least its someone to talk with

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it would be a good idea to keep in touch with him. What if waiting on him proves to be a huge waste of your time? He doesn't even seem to be interested in pursuing anything right now. I'd recommend you to forget about him. At least, till he comes back.