PROMISE RINGS FOR YOUR GUY: Good or bad idea?

My boyfriend thinks that promise rings are stupid, but I on the other hand, want something that symbolizes our commitment and love to each other. I am planning on getting him a promise ring, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to do so. Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that maybe you can give him other thing to symbolize.

That's what i prefer too, i dont like to feel a ring in one finger, it's not that confort and good...

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if he find promise rings stupid why not get him something else that he does like? Keychain, bracelet, you two as bg photo on his phone or some? I have no experience doing something like that. So these might be childish ideas.

If I were you I'd ask him what he would like to symbolize your commitment.

Then again: you're a couple isn't that enough to symbolize your commitment? If he wasn't commited to you then you guys wouldn't be dating... right? ( well let's consider that he isn't cheating lol xd )

Good luck!

Miyumi

What Guys Said 4

• I personally don't find a point in it, but if my girl wants it to make her feel better, then hey if it makes her feel better, it's worth it. I don't know if he shares my same attitude or not.

• Im having funny thoughts and I'm just imagining you just started dating for two weeks lol but anyways why put your relationship on the line for a ring knowing he doesn't want... unless you're both Christians, clean, sexless and virgins I will understand

• Why not something else? He's already shown his disdain for them. I personally hate wearing rings. They're uncomfortable.

• Yeah i dont think they mean shit so...

What Girls Said 6

• i dunno... y dont u just wait till he proposes and then u can wear a real engagement ring that symbolises the same thing?

at 24, promise rings just become a little childish.

• If he thinks they're stupid why?
    Why would you force him to wear one?
    If you love and are committed to someone, you love and are committed to them.
    If you need a ring to remind you then that's just sad.

• if he think that promise rings are stupid then getting him one will not be a good idea at all

• Aww that's cute! Would he be ok wearing it just for you?

• Promise rings are ridiculous.

• that sounds really cute.