Guys, are my standards unreasonable?

This is what I want in a guy:
-tan olive/caramel colored skin
-brown eyes and brown hair
-tall
-kind and caring
-confident

By the way is it unreasonable to want a tall guy if I'm 5'2"?

• Your standards are too high. Lower them
  • They're okay

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends. Is that all you'll accept? Does he have to have all that in order for you to accept him? Or can he be missing one thing? Maybe he checks every box except for the brown eyes, or maybe his skin ton is a little bit darker or lighter than what you said.
    If you accept that and only that without any exceptions, then yeah, I think you should open your mind a little bit more, but if not, then you're good.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• Long, tan and handsome... So... basically this?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvIwynxCQAE_crM.jpg

• As long as you don't only accept what you want.
    You should be a little more open about what you want. You'll have a larger choice of guys to go for. If you're only specific then you'll have to wait a long time for you get what you want. Even then the guy you meet could be a dick or there could be something else bad about him.

• Well, your standards are fine. I think you can even make them a little higher if you want too.

• They're actually higher, but I didn't want to say a lot in my question because the men on GaG are very sensitive about these things. It would basically start a war. With all, the guys calling me a bitch and a whore

• Well, I completely understand your concern.

• We are all allowed to want what we want.
    There is no guarantee we will get it though.

• Usually tall tan guys are approach me so I guess it's okay

• Of course it's okay but you also have quite specific requests and that will make it harder for you. If this list is your absolute must have list then that means that you would reject a guy if he had all those traits but he had let's say blue or green eyes instead of brown.

The more specific you are the harder you make it for yourself.

• there fine, but don't be afraid to compromise cause odds are you won't find someone who meets it to the letter

• Standards are never unreasonable, but whether you will get what you want or not depends on what you have to give.

• His skin is more of a mocha than caramel. Dealbreaker!

• No they are a bit high. How tall do you want him to be? The tan part depends on what you mean? Do you mean consistantly like that, like latino? Or like he has been in the sun for a while? are you confident?

• Higher than 6'0"

• What if I told you that the guy who has a crush on me checks all my boxes? Except for the kind and caring one? Are you trying to tell me I'll never find a man taller than 6'0" are you kidding me? Wtf? I already have.

also, the men in my country tend to have brown eyes and hair along with tan skin. So it's really not hard to find

• I am not saying that and I have never said that. The chances of you finding a man that size is much lower. What country do you live in? It must be sweden.

• yup it's good, just make sure you don't get too caught up in your checklist

• haha I'm all that...

• It's fine, but don't make every guy u date have to have these standards

• i think you have low standards.

• They're higher than what I mentioned. The men on GAG are very sensitive about these things and I didn't want to start a war with everyone calling me a bitch.

• ok. these things you mentioned are low standards

• Look on the inside, and what's wrong with someone a little shorter than you

• Guys are actually slowly moving away from women... Whatever your standard may be, don't expect a good future

• In my opinion, wanting a guy to have exactly a certain color of eyes, skin, and hair is a bit too much, and it's unbelievable also. I understand the rest: women usually prefer tall men, just as men usually prefer short women.

• Regardless if we like it or not those are your standards.

What Girls Said 3

• doesn't seem too high... your standards seem to be reasonable

• they are fine girl.. you'll find your tall dark handsome guy.. :)

• Do people really go by a check-list? I didn't even know I had one. I'd just know when I like someone. It's probably something about their demeanour lo.

• I guess it's just verbally what im attracted to. I'm. Im not really attracted to other races, and I'm not attracted to unconfident guys either

• Fair enough. But hey, you're 15 who knows how the future might shape you? :)

• ... I guess I'll change lol