Do you people think I should go out with my guy bestfriend?

Ok so it's this guy that is my bestfriend and I don't see him as more than a friend but, I think he sees me like that. He asked me out like TWO times already. The first one was when I didn't know him and we started talking and laughing a little then he asked me out and I said no. Now, he has asked me out again but I still said no because I don't see him like that, he's just my bestfriend. He always say hey and hugs me when he sees me in the hallways while we're switching classes, he usually gives me bear hugs. He also does the same thing when I enter the classroom that I'm in with him. Today, he had asked me if I wanted him to walk with me to get my stuff out my locker and get on the bus so I said sure. He also carried my books for me that I had in my hand. He walked with me all the way to my bus and gave my stuff back and hugged me again and told me bye. I wish I could like him like that but I just don't :/ because he's very sweet :) I know you all are going to say that it's my choice but I just want to hear you people's opinions :D @OrdinaryGentleman, @PrettyRican, @CHARismatic110, @rgb008, @cl_517, @Genie23, @MissNowhere, @Applefan1 and @Paris13 can you please answer this question because you guys give GREAT opinions :) <3 also I know I'm too young for boyfriends :P

• Yes you should take a chance and go out with him
  • No you shouldn't go out with him (explain)
Thanks for all of you guys opinions. I decided that I will not be going out with him because I told you that I don't like him like that and I don't want to pity date him because that would be a cruel thing to do and I'm not cruel :) Tomorrow, I will tell him that I don't want to go out with him because I don't like him like that and hopefully we can remain bestfriends like we're still are now. Hopefully he'll understand, wish me good luck people D: :) <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey Ashley, sorry about the late reply. I think that if you do not like him back in that way then you should not date him. As others have said if you date him the relationship will all most certainly come to an end, he will pick up on the fact the you were not really interested in him. His feelings will be he hurt and he will turn sour towards you. This will mean the end of your friendship with him. Just kindly tell him that you are not into him in that kind of way but you want to remain friends with him. I know it is hard but this is the best way as if you just go into a relationship with him things will become far more messy.

Most Helpful Girl

• As wise as an owl that I am, @Ashely_Princess, You are doing the right thing. You are being your own Honest Jane by even "Tomorrow,' Telling him that you do not feel the same but would like to be Besties, if all possible now.
    Keep it lite and semi sweet from here on in here, dear. The hugs he may give may lead him to Think he still Might have this hold on your heart so coll this and just Keep it At.. Arm's length as of now.
    It's best to be truthful with a sticky situation such as this one and as smart as I see that you seem to be, You know now what you need to do to try and save what is Left of a Friendship that you treasure enough to put out of harm's way.
    Best of luck, sweetie. xx

• Thank you so much, @Ashely_Princess, for the Vote of Confidence, and know this wise ol owl is right, sweetie.:)) xxoo

• lol Hoot and toot, love You:)) xxoo

• @Ashely_Princess

What Guys Said 8

• No just be best friends only but don't let him do things for you
    if your mindset is that you only see him as a friend, by the way
    he is acting he's getting feelings for you but you don't see him
    yes your too young for a boyfriend cause you push guys away
    no offense you're not ready for dating , you need a education
    go to school to get good grades , wait to your age 16 or older
    then think about dating guys..

• Ok Ashley i'm gonna tell you this from personal experience that it's a bad idea to date a best friend. Once you date or have dated a best friend most of the time it ruins the relationship. If you argue or get into arguments it will possibly hurt you and make you feel bad. I would stay with him as best friends and nothing other than that :) I know he likes you, but trust me stay best friends and it'll all work out in the end :)

• You said it, girl: "I don't see him like that". In that case you shouldn't go out with him. You're young so let me give you this advice: Never engage in a relationship just because it's a nice person if you're not attracted to him. This won't help anyone. Not you, not him. It will just make you frustrated. Going out with someone needs to be a two-sided thing, otherwise you're just trying to please someone else without thinking of whta you want.

If he's really your best friend, he'll understand and continue to be your friend.

• Wise choice, you can't manufacture feelings

• Like the others say if you feel nothing other than being friends with him don't date him. by the way he's acting i think he thinks he can try to persuade you to change your mind. if i were you i'd actually stop talking to him for a bit so you don't unintentionally lead him on. he may not like that, but he has to understand that you can only be friends and thats it.

This is why it can be difficult to be friends with a girl you are attracted to.

• Lol told you! Is it that chubby kid from before?

• Yes lol

• Wait I take it back don't do it... if you don't like him don't use him. I would say it'd be great practice for you too. But if you are going to pity date him then I wouldn't.

• Yeah I wouldn't want to do that to him

• My little Ashley grown up so fast 😢😭

• You're so pretty you should date me instead!

• Umm I don't actually look like the picture in my profile pic that's Rapunzel from a movie lol, but thanks anyways :P

What Girls Said 7

• No, you shouldn't date him. Why? Because obviously, like you said, you don't see him like that. If you're gonna start dating him, the chances are, you will eventually have to break up since feelings aren't mutual, he will end up getting hurt, you may lose a good friend. Sure, maybe you would develop feelings for him eventually, but I don't think it's worth the risk. If it's meant to be, you'll develop these feelings without even being in a relationship, then you can date him. So yeah, I don't think it's a good idea to date someone you don't see like that.

• I don't feel like you should go out with him because it'll seem like you're doing it out if pity and that's not cool. It sucks that you don't return his feelings, but accepting his offer knowing that you don't see it going anywhere is basically leading him on. If he continues to persist than I recommend you politely explaining to him that you value his friendship and that you don't really see him in a romantic way. And also be prepared if it comes to that, for him to pull a way. Most people don't take rejection well, no matter how nice you put it.

• Well, as a rule, you should never go out with someone you aren't attracted to in the hopes that they'll grow on you. What if you still end up not liking them and they're hopelessly falling for you? It's tough to break up with them then. I speak from experience 😟

I think it's just best to not give him that hope that you'll end up feeling the same way only to take it away if it doesn't work out. This guy seems pretty persistent and it seems like you know him well enough by now. I'd say that if neither his physical appearance or personality are attractive to you then don't take him up on that date. It won't be worth it in the long run and you could end up losing a good friend.

• Personally, I wouldn't. You say you only see him as your best friend. I would stay friends and see where that friendship leads you. Maybe you will date in the future when you two are older, maybe you will just stay best friends.
    It's better to have someone in your life as your friend, rather than making it awkward and ruining that friendship and not having them at all.

• True, thanks for answering :D

• Hi little sis!
    This is a hard question to answer because if it doesn't work between you guys the friendship can go sour. I think you guys should just stay friends and get to know each other some more. As time goes on only time will tell what happens between you guys. 😎

• Aww, he has a crush on you! :) He seems like a really sweet guy. But you don't like him, so I don't think you should go out with him. If you don't like someone, you just don't... You can't make yourself like someone.

• Thanks Genie :)

• And you don't want to lose such a sweet friend right? :)
      You're welcome :)

• True :)

• if you like him as a boyfriend and not a best friend and he likes u then you should go out with him but if u only like him as a best friend then u guys should stay friends 😊