Would you date a cop (woman or man cop)?

Cops have earned a very bad reputation in most countries. So would you considered dating one or you dated one, what's your experience.

Sorry I click send button with typos on my Question. I meant: Would you DATE a cop?

Most Helpful Guy

• No I wouldn't. Cops tend to be horrible people that crave power over others. That is normally the reason they become cops in the first place. There is also the fact that so many ex soldiers that are clearly mentally screwed up from the military become cops. Even if someone becomes a cop for good reasons, having to deal with criminals, and other bad cops everyday ends up changing the person to the point they will eventually become just as bad as the rest of the cops, as they develop an, its us against them attitude, with "us" being other cops and "them" being everyone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope.
    I've heard so many horror stories about cops beating up their wives and children and them not being able to do anything about it because no one believed them - because all cops are friends of this dude (these dudes) who beats (beat their families) his family.

So nope.

What Guys Said 30

• Sure I wouldn't really be bothered by the fact that they are cops -shrugs- I personally know several retired cops/detectives, one active detective and several active cops, all are great people.

You shouldn't believe a lot of what you see on the news, a lot of it is biased, doctored and or edited to show only parts that benefit their political alignment.

• They don't have a bad rep in my country (not much really) so yeah, why not. Beside, don't let the rotten apples dictate how you view the entire group. You only hear about the bad cops because bad stuff is reported while the good deeds are not 'sensational' enough to report.

• Sure. Especially since I've recently been considering a position in law enforcement, I don't see anything wrong with dating a cop.

Don't let the few publicized cases of bad cops scare you. The media just needs people to pick on.

• No I wouldn't, not because of any bad reputation... I never judge a group by the actions of a few, but it's because of the risk their jobs carry. I don't want to wonder if that's the last morning I'd see my wife or girlfriend.

• You make a good point. Smart thinking :)

• Good point. ... but that is not just cops jobs. That could be with any job. Even a greedy worker or a journalist. Whatever job they do there is that margin of they won't come back. Yes that is higher in law enforcement officer but also military personnel and any other job pertaining to the safety of other people.

• The reason why I wouldn't date a cop is because of the risks they go through, they can get killed at any second, I don't think living with a constant fear of my wife dying is good.

• You make a good point.

• My mother has been married to my father for 30 years. He is a cop. Yes she always knows it could be his last day, but that would not stop her from loving him.

• For those who say that they would date a cop:

It has been statistically proven numerous times that cops are more likely to abuse their spouses/partners than ANY other profession. And in the US, the rate of domestic abuse committed by cops is FOUR times higher than the national average.

So yeah, have fun with that. :)

• it seems so. I will be interested in learning about those statistics, any resources? On the other hand I heard from some friends that dated cops to be big time cheaters

• I agree, but being honest about the types of people that go into those professions as well as the emotional toll it takes on them, isn't popular in our society. So instead we are expected to pretend they are all boy scouts helping old women across the street.

• Sure, here in Belgium not too big a problem... there have been some people in high positions in the police force who were accused of fraud and some isolated cases of violence.
    But you'll have such cases in any professional group. As long as they're isolated cases I guess it's no reason not to marry a cop :D

• Thanks for sharing where you are from. That brings an additional insight to many of us here, It's always good to know that in other countries things are different. That's why in my question I stated 'in most countries' which is a conflictive reality.

• You're welcome... and yes such things can differ... there may be countries where "some cops" are not involved in fraud :o :o

• It is not a career which would particularly influence me either way. So yes, all else being good, I would date a cop.

• I would, why would a career stop me from being with her? It's true there is a danger element to her occupation, but life is full of danger. You could die on the highway heading to an office as an accountant, or you can wind up with cancer. So yeah, it wouldn't even phase me.

• Yes, I definitely would. Just because there are some bad cops it doesn't mean that they're all bad. I worry much more about thugs.

• it takes a certain kinda person to become a cop i don't think i would like to date one but i could be wrong i don't know very many cops well personally

• Nope never ever ever never will happen

• Yes, I'm a Marine so I would for sure. Probably end up a cop anyway.

• Yes I would date one. Most cops are nice. I've never been confronted with an asshole cop.

• Hey that means she can deal with my parking/speed tickets!!! I'd love her for life!!! :p

• Definitely not, hahahahaha.

• I have and would... I used to be one

• Need to know their personality first.

• Maybe... i mite

• I don't care. Being hot and sweet is more important.

• I know i am young but anyway , no. What if something happens to them? You wake up daily knowing that they might get shot while doing their job. So u will be 24/7 worried about them.

• Ummm……..

Would she come home ALIVE every day?

• Yeah, I don't see why not

• I'd be open to dating one, sure.

• Yes I would. We could take turns using her handcuffs. A woman in uniform is hot and even hotter when you peel it away and find super sexy lingerie!

• Some fantasies here huh... Let the mind go wild ;)

• Given I've a tongue of silver when I wish, I would. It could be very... advantageous.

• only if she could bring her handcufffs home :P

• haaah would you use them on her or on you?

• Considering your age I think if I come over, I will definitely use them you. I think I can teach 2 or 3 things LOL

• sweet!!!

• No way thats if i wanted to be a bitch in the relationship

• 0|0
  • I want to be one, so why wouldn't I date one. Of a different agency, of course. Workplace romance screws up everything. Also, cops haven't "earned" a bad reputation. Race hustlers, the media, and politicians unfairly stuck them with it to advance their particular agendas.

What Girls Said 17

• Absolutely. I support our men and women in uniform and have stood behind law enforcement in the wake of the media and pop society's armchair allegations. I would be proud to be the woman of a man who puts his life on the line in order to ensure our community and my family is safe from harm. My only hesitation would be the danger of the job if he became close with my child. On top of the grief, I'd worry about the impact of his death on my son.

• Yes
    but he can't have high blood pressure
    be fat
    must have handcuffs and know how to use them
    stores his gun in a safe place but on the ready
    never too tired to dance, play, sex

• Well I hoe someone would. I would but I will be a cop in about a year. Crazy! But yeah it does not matter about their occupation. My boyfriend and I are working towards getting married in a year and a half and I will be a cop and he will be in the military. Now that will be crazy.

• nope i won't... just nope

• No. I would be ton worried something bad might happen to him while he's out working.

• Yes, other people's actions has nothing to do with the two of you. That's like saying I'm done with men just because one man hurt me

• I would be more concerned about the time-schedule. You have to remember most cops want to be cops to help people and fight for justice.

• Sure I find cops sexy

• I have dated several in the past and wouldn't again.

• Yeah I'd give it a try

• Yeah men in uniform are so hot :)

• Yes I would date one And then maybe get out of a speeding ticket ;)

• no, I would think they're work shifts would make it hard to see them.

• I would consider dating one.

• A big NO NO for me. Cops here are corrupted so the money they bring home are dirty money

• Probably not.

• I would date one.