Was this mean on his behalf, help please?

When I was on the phone to my boyfriend around a month ago, he invited me to his best friend's birthday party, describing her as "beautiful" and then proceeded to say "this might sound terrible, but if you weren't coming with me, I'd probably end up staying there." This frustrated me, but we worked past it and he didn't mention her for another few weeks. Yesterday, he was telling me about how it was her birthday and he hadn't gotten her a gift yet and was asking me for my advice on what to get her, I found this weird because firstly, his family could've all gotten her a gift together since they're family friends rather than him picking out something for her himself and secondly, I haven't even met the girl so I wouldn't have a clue of her interests. I was hardly bothered, because I trust his intentions, but I saw him later that night and he was sometimes ignoring me to text her. Then when I was laying beside him, he was on the long text message he sent her which involved love hearts and what not (I didn't get a chance to read it, I didn't really care, to be completely honest) he said "I hope that you didn't see the message I sent her," so I was straight up about it and asked him if he purposely tried to rub this stuff in my face to make me jealous and he admitted that he does. "I do it as a joke, so that I can stress you out and make you think that I'm cheating when I'm not," we have a strong relationship so I trust him, but WHY would he do this? Do you think this was rude of him?

I'm not going to break up with him over this, I'm not sad over it, I'm just curious about how you'd react if your boyfriend said this to you. He re-assured me that he loves me and stuff afterwards as well.

With the present as well, he said he wanted to spend a decent amount on her because they've grown apart and he wants to show her that he loves her

Most Helpful Guy

• The presents, even the "he loves her" stuff. Is ok in its own right, IF it was simply just his care about his best Girl friend. But it's not, he uses it to, make you jealous and play mind games with you.

His actions are upsetting you & hurting you no way around it. Being jealous is never fun for anyone, rather reasonable or unreasonable it's the feel of feeling like someone's better in some way of sorts. For your guy to constantly subject you to that is not cool. No need to leave, of course not, but some things NEED to change in the current relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• i would have broken up with him.

What Guys Said 1

• He's been a real dick. If i were you i would let him know of my displeasure, give him a good stern talking over, and tell him to not be an immature prick and respect you. And thats if I didn't care about him texting this girl, trying real hard to get her a nice present, and making me jealous.

If i did care about that, then i would dump his arse to the curbside, chuck a used condom in his face, and tell him to go get fucked!

What Girls Said 2

• It really sounds like he is mistreating you and you are going to be unhappy I this relationship over the long term. He shod want you to be happy not doing things to stress you out to see if you care. Soooo not cool.

• Clearly it does bother you, and if you trust him none of what he said should bother you. So honestly I can't say it's rude or insensitive because couples have different boundaries