Why would this guy give me a warning about dating white women?

I am a black male who find white women attractive. Another fellow black man (who had to be 60) reminded of what happened to Kobe Bryant and OJ Simpson. He then told me this in an omnious tone "You have a lot to learn young man" and then walked away. Is he telling me to be cautious?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, times are changing. Maybe its not so much her as how much her friends and family would react. I'd say it depends more on the person (her character) and their family attitudes.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think The accusations against Kobe had anything to do with her being white. It also sounds like he thinks OJ didn't kill his ex wife which most people think he did. He kinda sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder if you ask me. Would you think it was appropriate for a older whote man to tell a young white woman not to date black men because of Kobe and OJ?

• no, he's telling you to be racist.

• I'm not racist. I respect everyone until they give me a reason not too. It has nothing to do with color.

• yes, but he was...

• He's just a racist. No point in listening to him.

• Yes, he is.

I have no idea if he's right, probably depends where you live.

I have a friend who is black, and his son recently went to college far from where we live. He'd also lived down in that area. He warned his son before he left.