Is it weird for an 18-24 year old person to be hanging out with or dating people over 40?

What's the upper age limit?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say absolutely yes. If you weren't 18 these people would be jailed for child molestation, I don't think just because you're legally an adult doesn't make it any less disgusting. Not to mention these people probably have children your age and if my parent were like that I'd feel extremely uncomfortable and pretty pissed off. You're practically a child to them, there isn't much you'd two have in common considering the years. Eventually the novelty will ware off and you'd lose interest. Also, when aging kicks in and you still have your youth more than likely you'll have your doubts. There's a difference between aging with someone and the someone your with being the only one aging.

• To answer your question on the age limit, I would say 3 years is quite alright, 4 is pushing it and 5 is the absolute maximum but I wouldn't advise it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted 'B' aka NO. End of the day it's all about chemistry and compatibility. Ofcourse, there's personal choice too. Hence, to each his own :)

What Girls Said 12

• It might be weird for some simply because people much older than you have grown up in a different era and may have experienced things differently (like high school, finding work, etc.) than you have. If you get along great though don't worry or let what other people think bother you. Knowing lots of people who have had different life experience than you is a great way learn more about the world and to grow as a person.

• Personally I wouldn't go more than 15 years older to date. Ever since 18 I made that decision. If I would have met someone older and fell for him I would have dated him to see how it went. I still wouldn't have been looking for it though. I wouldn't want to date anyone near my parents age.
    My brother is 11years older so I've grown up having older friends and friends my age. To have as friends there is no age limit. I'm friends with a few people that are in there 50's they go out to drink with my husband and I. Or come over when we grill. I'm very social but the most of my age goup is 24-40.
    Do what makes you happy. Live life the way you want not how others think you should.

• Sorry, but it just sounds weird to me.
    The people in their 40's obviously got some problems to be hanging out with young people like that.
    If it's not a joke or if it's not for some 'sexual gratification'.

Can't see what they'd ever have in common - except that they're both alive.

Maybe the older people are the younger people's mentors?
    If not - creepy relationship.

• I still go by the "half your age and add seven" old fashioned I know, but it feels right to me.

So in my eyes a man at 40 should not be dating someone under 27. 50/32 I hope this makes sense.

I'm 26 so I would not consider a man under 20.

As I said, this is just my personal opinion.

• If you have a connection with someone, age does not matter!

• Its ok as long you are not marrying them.

• Not gonna lie. That's pretty weird.

• It Is strange to society but if you to love eachother and really want to be together go for it

• You might just be more mature than people your age. That's generally a good thing!

• Yeah that's like dating my dad. Gross

• Of course not, I'm all about 'em sagging balls slapping my ass.

• its not weird.

What Guys Said 15

• Not if that is what you are comfortable with. Perhaps you are just more mature than your peer group and can appreciate more mature conversation.

• Women will generally be upset when men their age are dating younger women. Personally I don't find it weird love is love no matter where you find it. However the larger the age gap the likelier you'll be at different stages of personal development, and may find irreconcilable differences. Children and marriage are 2 major hurdles that can and likely will come up. good luck to you whatever you decide.

• No bro. I'm a fully grown adult now and I realize that I don't know everything in the world. I actually realize I don't know a lot at all. I love hearing stories about an adults past. Their college/military experiences. How they got through their hardships. Their viewpoints and perspectives on life. It's interesting to listen to other people man especially those with wisdom.

As for dating.. no I don't think so. Too much of a maturity gap to be in an intimate relationship.

• Hanging out, NO. Dating, YES.

• I hang out with 20-32 year old people. I'm 2nd youngest in group. I've always been youngest. It is normal & more fun.

• no I plan on still dating that young if im over forty

• Lol I guess you mean yourself. A little, but there is no technical limit against dating someone older than you.

• It's actually a good idea. Just make sure that these older people are actually mature, if they are then you can learn a lot.

• Not so sure about dating, but I have had friends of all ages. My Dad has golfing buddies younger than me. Historically it is not normal to be segregated by age like much of Western society is now.

• There is no age limit! You love the person no matter what age she/he is!

• Hanging out as friends isn't weird my bro has a friend thats 70 and he's only 20. Now dating is pretty weird considering that he/she may just be using you for sex and he in all likely hood is going to die a lot sooner than you will.

• When your pver 18 no one really judges and there's no age limit.

• hanging: dating: yes.

• Yes, it's weird. But hey, if it comes down to a choice between weird and happy or normal and lonely... well I know which I'd pick!

• A lot of people are on the trip of "what IS weird anyway? there's no such thing... and age doesn't matter". But it does and it is weird. lol