A guy four years younger asked me out?

Ahh I'm about to turn 26 in a couple weeks & I found out he's 22 (bleh my younger brother's age).. we're part of the same group of friends. I noticed him staring at me often & lately he's been sending flirty texts. He invited me to hang out at the beach last week but I said no b/c I felt weird about it. Then yesterday he asked if wanted to visit an art museum and get dinner afterwards. I do think he's attractive so I said ok but I feel all torn up about it.. I'm terrified of our friends knowing/laughing at me. I know another girl who's dating a guy 5 years younger & the guy's parents kinda hate her.. I don't want to end up like that. Should I cancel meeting up with him tomorrow>? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I've seen evidence that a larger age gap can make a significant difference and have a negative impact on a relationship. This is not one of those cases. sure in third grade a 4 year difference is quite significant but that's just not you anymore. What's the age difference between your parents I'll bet it's similar. Most of the friends you're talking about won't be in your future many years down the line, but the right mate will last a lifetime. When there is a much larger age gap you're in different stages of personal development. If you were say 38 and he were 22, well you'd be thinking biological clock and children, and he'd be thinking we've got all the time in the world for that. You might want a relaxing evening at home and he might want to go bar hopping. But again these are not an issue if you remember you yourself said same group of friends. If he's age appropriate to hang with you how is he not age appropriate to date you?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, don't cancel it.
    All in the range of 5 years sounds absolutely fine.
    It's not like another attractive AND cool AND smart AND a guy you'll have sparks with is going to cross your path just like that *snap my fingers*...

Go out and get that boy! ;)

What Guys Said 3

• Well, 4 years shouldn't be much of an issue, it's fine. It's not the age, it's the character of the person, the nature, the personality of the guy that makes the difference in a relationship.

If this guy that you are talking about is good, has a good character then you shouldn't worry about anything or what do you think about him or his character/personality?

• I kinda set up two friends of mine when she was 24 and he was 21. Four years later, they are now married. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't worry too much about what anyone else's think, either your friends or your family because at the end of the day, it's entirely up to you and not them.

• Well u are only 5 years apart which us not that far apart. I have dated women 5 years older and younger than me and they lasted for awhile and still friend with some of them.

What Girls Said 1

• If you like him, then go for it. Age shouldn't matter as long as you both are in it together. You will never regret the chances you take, only the ones that you don't take.