Guys, I came on too strong, now what?

So, I started talking to this guy and right away we had instant chemistry. Ironically, we shared a class together in middle school so it was great to catch up. Anyway, we talked for about two weeks and things seemed to be going really well. I had texted him a cute text just as I had once before and we had FaceTimed the night prior (this was on a Thursday). I didn't hear anything from him and I didn't think anything of it because I figured he was busy. I had attempted to call him that night and he didn't answer. Again, this was quite usual because we'd often play phone tag between the time he got off work and got home (we FaceTimed every night). I sent him a brief, "what are you doing?" text thinking he'd call me back later that night and I never heard anything. I again tried calling Friday with no such luck and sent him a text Sunday telling him I hoped everything was okay. By this point I knew he was avoiding me based off of his social media activity. That Monday I sent him a message through social media so I could know it was recieved.. basically eplaining if he wasn't interested or busy that I understood, but that keeping a line of communication open was important. Naturally he read it and did not reply.. What's weird is that we're still friends on social media/he still follows me on social media. In highns sight I know I came on too strong just based off of the curcumstances. He had been in a two year relationship that led to engagement which was recently broken off in June. Of course I can tell that he was super into me, but even so I KNOW that that's what got him to back off. I'd like to start things slow again off as friends, but I know if there's any possibility of communicating with him again that I NEED to back off and lay low. I've already made it clear that I'm into him and that I thought he should communicate honesty with me, but he's CLEARLY not ready. How do I approach him from here? Do I give it a month or so and see if he's down to get drinks?

1

What Guys Said 1

• "So, I started talking to this guy and right away we had instant chemistry. Ironically, we shared a class together in middle school so it was great to catch up."

^so how did u approach him (or he approached u) since u knew each other before in middle school?

"I didn't hear anything from him and I didn't think anything of it because I figured he was busy."

^did he read it at least then?

" I again tried calling Friday with no such luck and sent him a text Sunday telling him I hoped everything was okay. By this point I knew he was avoiding me based off of his social media activity. "

^so u say he was being active in SM but he was ignorin yer texts/calls? he has his reasons then... but those reasons r not good possibly i believe...

"That Monday I sent him a message through social media so I could know it was recieved.. basically eplaining if he wasn't interested or busy that I understood, but that keeping a line of communication open was important. Naturally he read it and did not reply.. "

^then i believe there's no point in tryin to reach him... he won't respond anyway as it seems... so i beleive it'd be better to ignore him for now and let him respond when he wants... of course this means u shouldn't cling on this guy... better move on if he keeps on ignorin u... ;)

"What's weird is that we're still friends on social media/he still follows me on social media. In highns sight I know I came on too strong just based off of the curcumstances."

^maybe he's not much into SM so he considers removin u from there an unimportant thing i believe... so he won't do it at all..

"He had been in a two year relationship that led to engagement which was recently broken off in June. Of course I can tell that he was super into me, but even so I KNOW that that's what got him to back off. "

^in this june? so he broke-up recently... he still didn't get over it totally then... ;)

"I'd like to start things slow again off as friends, but I know if there's any possibility of communicating with him again that I NEED to back off and lay low."

^as i said it'd be better to ignore him and not initiate any further contact... wait for him to initiate since as it seems he won't respond to yer texts u send...