I'm so worried that he'll leave me because of how insecure I am. How can I stop this?

It's been almost 6 months now and we recently got back from a family holiday that he came along on (dad paid for everything). There's so many little things that I'm worried about like if he's only sticking around because my family is financially secure, or if it's because he knows I would never leave him or even because I'm always willing to try things out in bed even though it doesn't happen the other way around. I've been in an emotional slump for most of the time we've known each other as I was losing support from my mum for a little and my sister is an absolute psycho sometimes. I just really don't like myself and I'm worried that because I'm so insecure, he'll break up with me. You can only say "you're gorgeous" or "its okay babe you're strong" for so long until you want to just yell and tell them to harden the fuck up..

Not blaming him for me feeling like shit. He tries to to cheer me up a lot, I just don't understand why he's still stuck around when I really don't like myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• Then maybe it's time to start working on yourself, and not blaming him?

Most Helpful Girl

• You need someone else besides him to tell your problems to

• I try but my best friend lives interstate and is dealing with anxiety, depression and a low self esteem so I don't want to bother her with my problems. And my other close friend struggles with anxiety and is extremely stressed by uni at the moment

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• If he really loves you he will stick around and make you feel like a princess
    Otherwise he is not worth it and you need to either step away from relationships or find someone who makes you feel good about yourself and not worry about all these things ☺️

• First of all, I do not recommend dating seriously if you still have your own issues. work them out first, you matter! second, he doesn't really seem to care about your opinion, I feel like you're being submissive and he's taking advantage of that..

• insecure is the worst on a relationship.

• i doubt he will. he's with you because he loves you and im sure he wants to help you.

• He doesn't love me though? He's never told me that.