Are most men lying when they say they are looking for a serious relationship that will turn into married?

I am seeing a man who is 42 and i am 28 and so far things are wonderful. I am attracted to his confidence and his overall knowledge for things. I also would like to add that I am very physically attractive to him. We have only been seeing each other for a month right now and before we started going out, I asked him what he was ultimately looking for and he says he wanted a serious relationship that would lead to a marriage. I have already met some of his friends and he wants me to meet his mom this holiday. In general are older men more certain as to what they want?

Most Helpful Guy

• At 42 he is probably telling the truth if you are 28. He probably slept around a lot when he was younger, and now he will settle down with a girl more than a decade younger than him.

• And lol at him being very physically attracted to you but you aren't physicaly attracted to him, attraction to non sexual non gender specific things. Female sexuality- narcissistic sexual self affirmation, women are attracted to themselves more than they are to their partner.

• i meant sexually attracted to him.

• Lol, a lot of women care more about how attractive they are to their partner, than how attracted they are to their partner, thought you where one of them, I apologise

What Guys Said 6

• I think it just depends on the person. I'm only 20 but would love to find that special woman. I'd love to have kids and get married as soon as possible... unfortunately most girls my don't think like that. But most young guys are scared to be tied down to one woman, they want to have as much fun as possible before settling down, but that's because they have a immature way of thinking and as time goes one men become less and less like men.. and more like kids. So it just depends on the person, it's easier to find an older person who want to settle down. Because they've already had their fun.

• I wouldn't lie about wanting a serious relationship, but marriage I'll admit, is not on my mind. But the guy your seeing is over his 20's so I don't think he is lying about marriage.. anyone in their twenties saying marriage I would take it with a pinch of salt, as he may be lying.

• To be honest with you i wouldn't trust anyone under the age of 25 for marriage. At that young age all you want to do is spread your seeds all over the world haha :). Then when you grow up you realize that properly ain't going to workout

• Most men at his age, are looking for stability, and is done "playing the field". :-D

• i think we are more certain by the fact that life has shown us what we do not want. Which make us more determined to get what we do want :)

• He probably only wants you for sex and appearances

What Girls Said 2

• Guys are guys are guys in these situations. Their age doesn't affect anything. Him wanting you to meet his mom is a good sign though.

• It depends on whether he has matured or not. Some men never mature but the majority of the time they do.
    You will eventually know if he is the One and you want to spend the rest of your life with him but you're only at a month you know?
    he says he's looking for a serious relationship but that doesn't mean with just anyone
    It's could be you
    But that may not even work out
    It may take years for you to find the love of your life

Sorry if this comment is kind of a downbuzz I'm just telling it as the real world is