Could you ever date someone who was physically disabled?

• Yes I could
  • No I couldn't
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe most people who say ," yes" do so because if they said " no" then it would make them appear shallow. I know quite a lot of girls and guys with a disability and all of them are single. The majority of them say people don't see past their disability.

Most people won't date someone who they know has a Physical disability or a mental Health disability.

• One of the greatest tests of love is that of Christopher Reeves' wife. It was heart wrenching to see how his disability changed his entire life, but his wifes love didn't waver.

Would she have married him if he'd been so severly disabled when they first met, would she have spent the most part of her life being his carer. Probably not.

Personally , it would depend on how severly disabled they were.

• Great post. I totally agree.

• Thank you @silenrosee xx

What Guys Said 28

• Absolutely, without doubt. It would present problems, but problems can be overcome. I dealt with different disabilities my wife had during her nine year battle with cancer, and now I care for a permanently disabled daughter, which is not the same, but very similar problems. These bodies are shells. It is the person inside that we should love.

• Yes i could
    for me all matters
    is her heart

means the real beauty of soul
    i do not care
    if she is having disability

but if she is having dirty mind
    with some non acceptable thoughts
    then it can not be

i have a such friend
    first of all i had good feelings for her
    but later on i came to know
    that she is so selfish and proudy
    now i feel that she deserve it what she has

but i also know that
    not all are like the same

so others who are good
    i would not mind dear

• I SOOOOOOO could!

• It depends on the disability, some i could perfectly life with such as her sitting in a wheelchair because she is unable to walk.

There are however disabilities that would be a turn off for me, such as missing limbs. While it is probably possible to overcome that if i am really attracted to the girl i dont see myself instantly falling for her that way, i wish i could.

• Ofcourse I could and will!

Vote 'A' :)

• I believe that some people said yes coz they don't appear bad or anything and they haven't try to communicate with someone with disable I some friends like that I even have a very very very good friend of mine who had amyotrophic lateral sclerosis that's stephan hawking diease I know how to treat them so yes I would date someone like that 😊

• In what way? Like full on they can't move anything in their body but their pinky finger and have one of those electronic wheel chairs? I don't think I could do that. But lesser things I think I could.

• Like wheelchair bound or an amputee or something like that

• I was talking more like Stephen Hawking disabled where he can basically only move his fingers and can't even talk. I'd be absolutely fine with dating an amputee. If they lost a leg it just means a lot of free piggy back rides from me.

• A highly educated and exceptionally successful close friend of mine who is an amputee got married few months backs. He could have gone for a very pretty and rich woman but he being a very religious guy married a woman whose character was exceptional over her looks.

• Absolutely without a doubt I could and would.

• I would totally date a person with a disability , that person is still person after all and shouldn't be treated differently because of it. It shows a true sign of love if a person will be with a person regardless of what they are, or have.

• Sure I could, it wouldn't necessarily be easy but I'd give it my best shot.

• Yes. could cause i got some mental health disabilities
    so it wouldn't be a problem

• It depends on what the physical disability is.

• If me and her had a connection I sure as heck would

• yes, my relatives are like that and unless its mental and they keep trying to attack me nd shit then i'd be fine

• If you're asking would I ever start dating someone for example in a wheelchair: no.

If we were already in a relationship and she got disabled: certainly.

• Depends on the disability. Amputee.. Yes. Deaf or Blind.. Yes. Wheelchair.. depends, because I want kids, and could be a problem.

• No I couldn't. I wouldn't date anyone that is physically or mentally disabled.

• depends on the disability...

• U are the only exception in ma heart baby TVD 👄

• Yep I can
    Cause idc about something like that
    Would you?

• Definitely

• as long as they are a beautiful person inside , I won't mind even its not was! its present.

• The most wonderful woman I've ever met is blind.

• Yes but depends of how fat she is

• Lol what?

• sorry miss understand when you said physically disabled i though you ment a girl that dosnt workout or even walk know i get it yes i whould date someone physically disabled if she has a good personality

• Not sure never have come ot that kind of situation before

• How disable are we talking about? I guess it depends

• It depends but probably not. I think many people lied on the poll.

• Wait now we get an update on up votes? If so I will come on here even less.

What Girls Said 9

• Depends how severely this disability limited them.
    If it impaired them from day to day things like a full-time job or school, probably not. Same goes for someone who was unable to participate in activities like biking, gym-time, plus more intimate sorts of things.

I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb here but in reality, I would prefer to date someone who can do all those things with me. If someone's disabled and not able to do those kinds of things, doesn't mean I'll be rude to them. I'll still be just as friendly, we can be friends and al, but nothing more.

• I would be interested in knowing how many people out there have actually dated or been in relationships with people who do have a disability of some sort.

We all have physical and mental challenges of varying degrees. Some people are just a lot more focused on them than other people are.

I think disabilities are a challenge for some people to deal with because they feel a little uncomfortable at first around the disabled person. I think the more we get to know people, the more comfortable we feel with them, and the more comfortable we feel with them, the more intimate our relationships can become. So it's really just about stepping outside your comfort zone.

• I am dating someone disabled right now. He is not totally disabled, but he has mobility issues. Since I met him, he has gone from walking with a walker/cane to now being in a wheelchair the majority of the time. He is working with physical therapy to be able to walk with the walker again, but he will always at least have that. He struggles to even get from his wheelchair to his bed. He can do so by himself, but it is a slow and painful process. He has a wide variety of health issues, none of which are going to go away. I love him very much, though and I do believe that if you love someone enough you work through these kinds of things. I see beyond his disability. It is a part of his life, but it is not who he is.

• Yes, I could and I would. :) :) :)

• I'd rather date someone physically disabled than emotionally disabled like a narcissist or addict or something. Or mentally disabled; someone who was just oblivious to things.

• Depends on the type of disability.

• Yes, that's a non-issue.

• Sure, why not

• Yes I could.