My Aunty Doesn't want me to date white guys?

I'm a black girl who prefers dating white guys and my aunty dissaproves. It make me think what happens when I tell my parents. I have no idea if they'll be okay with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah Im with your auntie. Stick to your own race.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aunty may Not Know best, @Chuckles007, but even so, it is just One Opinion so far coming from One family member so take it for what it is worth and just show her respect by saying to Her "Thanks for your opinion, I will remember this."
    Everyone has a Preference in who they Prefer Dating.
    I married a Muslim man out in Egypt and Prefer Arabs, even Foreign Guys to White Guys. I have been with many a man of this color but now my tastes have turned to an animal of another color and that is My Choice, no one else's.
    If mom and dad don't approve, which they may not, for my own dad tends to be Prejudice, remember that you can't please everyone and when the time comes, you are Marrying Him... Not them.
    People put Others in categories Many times. Latinos they say, are bossy, Muslims are controlling, this and that. And in your own family, they may see White guys as players, laid back or whatever they think. And in our own society they put black people in their own category of course. I personally think they are great and More... Cool.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• Who cares about your relatives opinion? Date who you want to. They're the ones who have a problem, not you. It just shows how racism is not exclusive to white people...

• That's their problem, not yours. you can't force yourself to love a black dude if you like those white dudes more.

• It's best it comes from you then your racist aunty.
    But at the end of the day it's your private life and got sod all to do with anyone else.
    You can't help who you fall in love with so as long as you're happy that's all that matters.

• u must be so silly most of white guys won't take you seriously they will use u and then dumb u cuz now one this days wants a serious relationship with a black girl

What Girls Said 6

• See with your parents.
    But honestly, date a person who you see as responsible and a good match for you.
    Why do you prefer white guys?

• Just do you. If you wanna date a white guy just date him. They'll either have to accept that or I don't know.

• I think if you tell them you're serious about someone no matter what color he is they'll accept it. As for your aunty that's hard you still have to give her that respect even if what she's saying is pretty shitty. But at the end of the day it's your life.

• It doesn't matter what they think. You do you.

• Your aunty is a racist.

• Your Aunty is a racist bigot.