Girls, Your boyfriend/future boyfriend is 5'8 how would you feel about his height?

How would you feel about dating someone 5'8 / 172cm?

Thoughts?

• I would LOVE that height!
    26% (56)
  • I guess that's a nice height
    23% (48)
  • I'm indifferent
    32% (67)
  • Preferably not, but datable
    12% (26)
  • I would be quite dissapointed
    7% (15)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

89

Most Helpful Girl

• ... My boyfriend is 5'8. I'm ~2 inches taller than him.
    Sure, before him, like most girls I thought I'd only go for guys who are taller. Things have now of course changed though. I'm not going to decide against being with someone I get along with so well in many respects because our heights don't go with the societal norm, y'know?
    I'm basically indifferent to it. :)

• What made you think differently and decide to date him before you were reluctant to date shorter men?

• @Asker
      It was several things over a few weeks. Before he asked me out, I could tell he was into me. I wasn't sure if I liked him or not as more than a friend, but really enjoyed his company so I actually did thing to dissuade him like purposely wearing heels when we'd go out for drinks and such. He asked me out regardless, I turned him down. Over the next few months I realized I did care for him so I stepped up to the plate in terms of asking him out. I even brought up the height thing, asking if he's okay with my being a bit taller. Sure enough he said he loves taller girls, long legs included.
      In a nutshell, hearing he didn't care helped me not care either. We get along really well, insane chemistry plus height doesn't matter when you're horizontal. :P

• Very nice! :D

What Girls Said 88

• It's funny because my boyfriend IS 5'8" haha. It's perfect really; we fit together flawlessly when we hug (I'm 5'4").

• 5'8" is average height and I usually go for above average. I'm used to dating guys around 5'11"-5'3", but 5'8" isn't that bad because I'm only 5'2". But if I like someone, their height is not the first thing I look at and I wouldn't just go asking how tall they are when I like them because the height thing isn't at the top of my list.

• I would really like it. I'm only 5'2, so dating a shorter/average guy would be cool for me. My current boyfriend is 6'0 and having to stand on things to kiss him without him leaning down is annoying :P

• I'm 5'7 and enjoy wearing heels so I would prefer someone taller. But if he can put up with me wearing heels and being taller sometimes it's ok. I've dated guys shorter than that. Height doesn't make or break it (for the most part)

• I don't really care. Tbh I don't even know what's my height 😂 the last I measured which was two years ago.. I'm about 5'2, so I guess it's about that. Seems perfect to me tho.

• My boyfriend is 5'8" and to me he's tall, I'm only 5'1" and I have to tip toe to wrap my arms around his shoulders and kiss him <3

• Indifferent. It could work only as long as he's okay with me being 6'1".

• Indifferent. That's three inches taller than me so I'm okay with it :)

• I am 5'0", so that height is fine for me. Height really isn't an issue. As long as he can change my lightbulbs and a/c filter, as well as reach things on the top shelf of the grocery store, he's good. Lol. I can't do any of those things.

• I'm that hight and so is my boyfriend, hight only bothers me if they are quite a bit shorter than me.

• i'm 5'3 1/2, and my boyfriend is about 5'7 1/2 and its like the perfect height for me :) i couldn't imagine what it would be like for a tall guy to have to bend down every time for a kiss or to hug me... such inconvenience!!

• Indifferent. It's pretty close to my preferred height, and I know a guy who is 5'8'' and every time we hug it's perfect so.. wouldn't be an issue. still considerably, i can see up your nose, taller than me.

• Eh...5'8 is about the size of the average 16 year old by me so I might think he's younger than he actually is.

• The average height of a 16 year old boy (where I live) is about 5'10 😂😐

• Midwest of wot?

• Would I rather date a 5'8 guy over a guy that was 6+? No just like most guys would prefer to date a curvy girl rather than one that wasn't. But I would obviously date any guy as long as we were compatible. Because looks aren't everything. Everyone has "flaws". Some guys bald early some are short some have to most girls unattractive body shapes. And girls have these quirks as well. But in the end that sort of stuff doesn't really matter once you're in love.

• I just REALLY dont care about height

• My boyfriend's height is somewhere around there and it's perfect. I'm only 5'3 so I'm not super picky when it comes to height

• Since I'm 5'2, I wouldn't care, I'd just like someone who would be a bit taller than me which most of the guys are... and anyways, 5'8 is a pretty good height.

• 5'8" is perfectly fine. He's taller than me. As far as I'm concerned, your attractiveness and date-ability is because of the person that you are, not your height. :)

• I'm 5'2.5 so I'm pretty short, that's a good height but I guess all guys are taller than me XD

• i am indifferent.

• I'm 160 cm so I'd totally be fine with a 172 guy.

• At last... A metric system adapter ❤️ All hope is not lost.

• Some people have to adapt to their measuring systems because of the vast American population on this site.

• Fuck em. Globalization. If they don't und er stand, they can google. Some schools actually teach the metric, so I've heard.

• My boyfriend is 5'8"
    He's over half a foot taller than me.
    He's tall to me. :3

(P. S. Hello! :D)

• My boyfriend is like 5'4", but I'm only 5'2" so it didn't matter to me.. lol i guess it would depend on the girls' height. I just prefer them to be taller than me, not tall.

• I'm fine with that height. the guy would still be eight inches taller than me.

• I'm just barely 5'7" so the fact that I could never wear heels around him would bum me out. But, since I'm not as short as most girls, you're fine. And if the guy is amazing in every other way, it's something that is easily overlooked.

• I dont care about height. I prefer the same height or taller, but if he's even shorter then it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
    I like 5'8 because it wouldn't be that much taller than me, (my bro predicts i'll be 5'7 but probably not)

• That's fine, its not amazing but it would work. Anything between 5,10ft and 6,4ft would be great though :O
    Really, it's not a huge factor though and also depends on the guy. Certain guys I love taller, others I think are cuter short.

• i'm 5'9 and i would date a guy that height as long as he was nice and i found him attractive. height is not very important to me

• Close to perfect for me. I love guys around 5'6"-5'7"

• I'm indifferent to it

• More from Girls
    58