Would you date a self harmer?

If they are trying to stop, and the scars are small?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I would, I would spoil her and make her happy to the best of my ability.

Most Helpful Girl

• i would help them, but i feel as though if you are going to commit to someone (as opposed to just dating them casually) they really need to love themselves and get themselves together first. i feel like i can say this, because i once had a friend who self-harmed, and he told me he would often feel guilty because his girlfriend didn't know and he also felt guilty, because not only was he dishonest but he wasn't entirely all together himself. so no i wouldn't, mainly for the sake of the other person.

What Guys Said 4

• No, I would not. I have before, and it didn't go so well. I always felt like I had to save her or protect her from herself, and that's an unhealthy and one sided relationship. I do not expect women to bail me out or help me in those ways.

I do empathize with depression and those negative feelings. I think it's important to understand though, that everyone feels incredibly low at times. That comes with being human. So if you're feeling that way, you should understand that everyone on planet earth can relate, and you're not alone or abnormal.

• I think I would give it a shot but I don't think it would be too much asked for her to stop doing that.

• Maybe, although they aren't really trying to stop if they haven't stopped yet.

• Well it is an addiction so what if they had stopped but occasionally struggled with relaspe?

• I don't know. In principle yeah and I wouldn't be put off by any scars, but the idea they're going through something like that and I can't help them would bother me, it would hurt me to see them hurt.

What Girls Said 3

• Sure, I would.

• Not really but I would try to get him help.

• Depends. You gotta look into it and think, If they're that unstable and messed up, should you date them? Not trying to be rude but make sure they get help first. You can't have them killing themselves. :(