Guys, is it ok if your girlfriend goes into Victoria's Secret with her "guy friend"?

My boyfriend is close with this guy, Dan, and his girlfriend, Chloe, and I are more acquaintances. Dan was telling us at a party that Chloe and her close guy friend, Zack, went to Victoria's Secret without telling Dan, and Zack BOUGHT her thongs. He bought her thongs!! I couldn't believe it. Dan said that Chloe didn't see anything wrong with it and neither did Zack but now Dan is suspicious of her so called "guy friend." There have been other times where Chloe and Zack have hung out alone. Dan is contemplating breakup. What do you guys think?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• Breaking up for that is silly, but he has good reasons to be worried though. Maybe she wanted those thongs and didn't have enough money on her at the time so he gave her the money or something like that. I don't think you should just give up on a relationship when you don't really know the truth. Even if he really did buy her a thong willingly. She still haven't cheated on him. Yes, it's suspicious, but I don't think it's enough to leave someone for. Or else, it must not have been a serious relationship from the get go...

• I see where he's coming from because she never told him about the incident, and they willingly went there together. He paid money to get her thongs. They've hung out alone. It's very suspicious to me

• I'd get the story from Chloe if I were Dan. He obviously did though and she saw nothing wrong with the situation

• Maybe (probably) nothing happened YET. It might still be mitigated. Like maybe she shouldn't go out with that guy alone again...

What Guys Said 6

• They could could be comfortable w/ eachother if they've known each other since kids. On the other hand, Dan could be like most guys, wanting to get in her panties (and buy them too).

Ultimately, you'd have to define the friendship between Chloe and Zack.

• Chloe and Zack almost dates

• exactly, but I'm sure if makes dan wonder how many other times they've done things alone

• Well just because someone makes a mistake, doesn't mean it's habitual. Ideally they should talk it out, find resolution, and then enjoy some make up sex. It's not worth breaking up over without giving the person a chance to make a subtle change.

• If I were Dan, I wouldn't just break up with her over something he is unclear about. Yes, he bought her thongs and that's pretty scandalous, but you never know. I would ask her, she's his girlfriend, they shouldn't have secrets and should be able to talk openly about that kind of stuff.

• When he talked to her about it she saw nothing wrong with the situation

• Maybe Zack is gay... otherwise I don't know
    If I were this Dan guy I would not be happy to find out that some random guy is buying thongs for my girlfriend. He should confront her about it and then take it from there

• I would just end it right there thats just wayyy to shaddy

• TO VICTORIA SECRET, OH COME ON

He has a right to contemplate breaking up

• I think you guys are overreacting.