I think if more people (mainly the females) did more background checks on the person they're dating they wouldn't get into such trouble? Do you agree?

One thing my dad always stresses is doing a background check on the person you're planning on having a relationship with. It keeps u safe and ahead of the ballgame about that person's life. So when they try to tell you something different,(unless it's an error on the reports which does happen but not often) u can know u got a little liar on your hands and it's up to u to want to stay lied to or not. It's best to know and be prepared than going in blind and not knowing.
I know most find this crazy (because i did at first), but i bet if more people background checked their dates, more people would be alive right now. :)

I just used PeopleVerified. com... it's a phone number reverse search. This is one way to know whether or not that number u got from someone is accurate or not. It'll also show the city, state where that number is. Be careful. Be smart.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. i do agree with that doing a background check on someone your meeting
    i would never meet any girl off the internet without doing a background check
    too many things can happen this day and age. The thing you can use Google
    use www.pipl.com .. www.spokeo.com but the thing is how accurate results are
    them sites i know from past experiences i found my share of Catfish i don't know
    if being too honest is worth it anymore when you talk to someone online ,

Most Helpful Girl

• I think in terms of online dating for sure, you really do want to look them up ahead of time via google or facebook or something which even then can be somewhat unreliable, but as far as hiring an actual private investigator, I think I would soley reserve that for someone I'm planning on marrying. I love trust as much as the next, and I would love to believe in that, but because I have friends in my life who have been massively burned by some things that a search could have turned up and absolutely no problems with my SO looking up my info or my police record (of which I have none), then I feel like if he has nothing to hide or has been honest about things in his past, there should be no issue with this.

What Guys Said 9

• Where the hell are you meeting people that you feel it necessary to run a background check on them? That is just bizarre and paranoid. I have absolutely nothing to hide, but I would dump someone immediately if I found out they did a BGC on me.

If you're talking abut a google search, I suppose that is different. I'm talking about spending the $30 to $40 to do an actual criminal BGC. I you are talking about a true BGC, seek help.

• No, you seek help if u can find it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with doing a background check. Especially since most everyone is dating online now. I would much rather be safe with my life than sorry.
      I'm actually surprised by how many people are dumb enough to be against this.

• (1) So, have you done a criminal background check on your parents? Your grandparents? Your aunts and uncles, cousins, siblings, your friends' friends? You probably spend and will spend a lot of time with them. What evil lurks in their backgrounds and criminal history? If you haven't done one on your parents and grandparents, how do you know if you can trust them? You're only 22 years old. Any one of them could have a horrible criminal past you don't know about. Or is it only important to check someone that might potentially stick their dick in you? You should probably read up on crime statistics. You're 3.5 times more like to be violently attacked by a stranger than an intimate partner (IP). Almost 2 times more likely by a family member/spouse than an IP. What's most interesting is, that only.5% of the U. S. population was a victim of serious violent crime (stats from US DOJ 2014). As someone who has spent many years in law enforcement, I find it laughable that you think you'll...

• find much, if any, valuable information in an online paid BGC. They are notorious for having completely bogus information about the person you think you are checking. You get info on anyone who has the same name, so it's virtually impossible to sort out the good info from the bad. General internet searches are even worse. If you have convinced someone in law enforcement to do it for you, I hope you realize what jeopardy you are putting both the officer and yourself in. You both could be facing misdemeanor and/or felony charges. So, good luck, and my condolences to any of your future dates.

• Realfire, you are an intelligent person! Thanks for sharing this to all who see it. :0)

Google is very useful as well as is the National Sex Offender Public Website
    nsopw. gov

• :$ Awe shucks. Thank u very much, AlphaMale1. And it's no problem.

• That's fucking shady... good thing I deleted mostly everything about myself and cutoff people that I knew

• It's not shady and ever heard that saying, "there's no such thing as delete"? As long as it's been put into the internet or memory once, it's stuck there for life. So people can still pull up old files on u that u thought u deleted. It's just cold hard truth.

• No, background checks are an invasion of privacy. What you are doing is akin to stalking, which is illegal. If a man did a background check on a woman before a date and she found out, it's likely he'd be labeled creepy and have his picture posted all over the internet with the story written out down to the most minute detail.

• What do u have to hide?
      ... if you have nothing to hide, it wouldn't bother you. Blindly trusting gets u killed or badly hurt 98% of the time. Heck, i even encouraged my boyfriend to do a background check on me. He didn't object to me doing one on him cuz he had nothing to hide.

• Strongly agree thanks for the info twinzy :D

• Yeah it would give you an idea of who you're getting into a relationship with and give you an idea of what to expect.

• Sounds like feminist misandry.

• Why does everything have to look like feminism to u? This question was directed towards BOTH genders, not just one. Smh.

• Domestic violence prevention has nominally been about saving both men and women from abusers. And yet, there's like two! men's shelters for the entirely of Canada or something like that?

Your idea that everyone should do background checks, has the sort of implied bias that criminals going on okcupid and setting up dates and then over time abusing their new boyfriend or girlfriend is a common pervasive problem.

Who's ideology does that sound EXACTLY like?

• Lol... I can only laugh at your ignorance sir. Have a good day.

• Not necessarily true.

Bona-fide Killers walk around everyday without so much as a misdemeanor to their name.

Although it helps, it isn't some catch-all solution.

• No it's not a catch all, but most of the time you'll know what you're getting yourself into. I don't mean just the bad things... even a person's credit score. *shrugs*

• how do you do it? just type their name on google?

• Yes that's one way. You'll have to pay for the service of a full search though. But be careful cuz some people search sites could be scams to get your info. It's best to have a well trusted and experienced private investor. A police lady told my colleagues and me to use Ghostvine. com or something like that. I have the correct site written on my notepad. When i find it I'll do an update for u all.

What Girls Said 4

• Lol! Who does back ground checks on people they date? If you don't trust them that much then you shouldn't even consider a date with them

• Laugh all u want. If doing a background check doesn't sit well with you, then that's on you.

• Asi asi. I say that because how do you know if a man who was charged with assault didn't have a vindictive girlfriend? Or a man with a felony for selling illegal things did it to raise money for his child's operation? And even the people who AREN'T on there can be horrid assholes that no one should date. So it depends.

• It doesn't matter what the reasons were. Wrong is wrong. Just like my dad stole from his job just so we could eat. He had good intentions, but he was still charged. If a guy has to cheat, lie, steal etc just to get by, then i don't need him and can be with someone better.

• That's you and I don't care. Let's hope you're not in that same situation. There are a lot of guys who are wrongfully charged for something they DIDN'T do just because they had horrid women. As long as their intentions were good, I don't feel negatively towards them.

• In your own words... that's u and idc. 😉

• I just don't date people that seem like they have the potential to lie. If I'm not introduced to their family, don't know where they work or have never met their friends... I don't date them

• That's right. I had an ex-fiance' who never ever introduced me to his family. He never wanted to talk to me over the phone because his "family is nosy". When on FB, he didn't want me adding his friends but it was ok for him to add all of mine, mainly most of my female friends. Another red flag was his quiet anger. I sensed he was the type of guy who would kill. My family tried to tell me he was a serial killer and to do a background check. I didn't want to. Of course I'm not with him anymore, thank God.
      Always go with ur gut instinct and the background check.

• yeah.. they should.. but i have no idea how to do that.. :/

• I used the internet. But u could also: do a reverse call, hire a trusted and experienced private investigator (costs loads of money) or even use the internet. Google the person's full name, city, state and age all in the same search bar. Here's a person search website that a policewoman gave my colleagues and i last week. I think it was Ghostvine. com or something like that. I wrote it down in my notebook. When i find it, I'll make an update.

• That's easy when you're twenty, but when you get out of school and just don't meet many unattached people anymore, it is a lot harder to do. Where I work it is 85% male and most of the females there are within 5 years of retirement. My male friends are mostly attached now (and live far away since I moved) so no wingmen to go out with. So if I were to limit myself to people I already knew I would be doing nothing but sitting around at home on my computer... oh wait...

• @zagor 😂😂😂 LOL.. you are funny.. well i hope you find someone good soon. :)