Does anyone who is single think they will honestly be forever alone and why (if you do)?

Most Helpful Guy

• At 55 , been in 2 live in relationships and I know I want a relationship and not be alone forever , I struggle at managing the frustrations or patience needed to accept non perfect relationship or even to drive it into my head of beauty and desirability of imperfect people , just like I am. The problem has been some bad luck in meeting the wrong people and also passing by women that might have been a great match for me. Focusing on characteristics that are useless to find a life long partner. Now I know, behave and have a different perspective on it , but dating and finding love seems more and more difficult and unlikely , but I'm still hoping

• I think its good that you at least know your own issues, and have learned some life lessons along the way with previous relationships, so going forward, you can kind of gauge and pull back if you fall into your old habits. I'm glad at 55 you still have hope.

• I know but they are lessons learned at a great cost and pain, just wish my lessons was teachable or else impact younger generations, but I guess , we must all learn them on our own. That's the sad part. Then you have to learn to forgive yourself for having wasted a precious part of life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, cause I only seem to be attracted to guys who are out of my league and not interested in me, then I start worrying that I'm far uglier / less attractive than i'd originally thought and before I know it I've talked myself out of even trying to date cause I'm not good enough for anyone! And that's why I've been single for over 5 years and it doesn't seem to be changing 😢 plus no one wants someone who's got my kind of mentality! Argh.

What Guys Said 6

• I'm starting to think it could happen. I can manage to talk to heaps of girls through online dating and build really good connections with them, but cannot for the life of me get them to go on actual dates. It's making me start to question myself like I'm not good enough looking or something. Really weird, some of the girls confess they really dig me, but there's always an excuse for why they have to cancel time and time again. Too busy with work, or having dinner with parents, shitty weather etc.

It's getting really frustrating, making me feel really sad and depressed. I already spent 10 years in an undateable state with mental shit screwing me over and now I'm better, it's still not working out. WTF? Sorry for the massive rant.

• Yeah unfortunately , I'm not that good looking and I get nervous when I try too maintain a conversation with a girl. I like anime and video games a lot. No one wants to be in a relationship let alone marry a person like me. :( I will die a lonely man. 😢😢 😢

• yeah, i have no experience, I've tried but i can't seem to catch anyones interest, it makes me feel like there's something wrong with me or I'm just unattractive, i dont want to be alone but its looking that way. I'm kind of odd i guess and not a lot of social experience, so i dont really know what to do in certain situations.

why do u ask?

• I hear people comment that a lot on here and other social media, and I know some are just being funny, but sometimes, I know people really feel like that, and I just wonder, especially considering most of the commenters are young, below 30, why they think that when there is so much like to live and so many new people to meet and experience.

• Well thus far, its a mix between confidence issues and unattractiveness. I'm not one to tell people the slew of comments like, oh there are plenty of fish in the sea, b/c I think that just makes people feel worse that they haven't caught one yet, but I think as long as there is hope somewhere in you, even if you do feel extremely lonely or ugly or what not, that you at least open the doors of possibility that you will find someone vs. if you just say forever alone, believe it, and then fail to notice opportunities at meeting great people because you just think there is no way they would ever possibly like you without giving them a chance.

• ok makes sense, how do u think i look? odd but I'm curious.

• Sometimes I do believe that, I just can't seem to find the right girl for me.

• Yes because I'm ugly and weird.

• No, but the current lonely feeling does suck.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, because I have a BADASS intuition.
    I'm sick in the head, I got issues.
    Even if one day I get rid of them, it'll be too late, cause all the awesome guys will be happily coupled up.
    I would probably never let anyone settle for me, I couldn't.
    I'm never gonna be good enough for anyone, there will ALWAYS be someone better out there.
    I've never had ANYTHING even remotely close to a relationship till this day.
    I'm too much to handle.
    I'm too needy and emotional and sensitive and insecure.
    I'm scared of people, I don't trust them.
    I'm too damn picky when it comes to personality.
    I always fuck everything up.
    Again, I have a BADASS intution

That about sums it up. But I'm starting to accept my destiny, I'll just get a dog and all will be OK ❤

• I feel your pain and see your anger , its how you feel, so its real. Not sure how you go from where you are to having hope and being cheerful and happy to still be young with the peaceful certainty that he will be there sooner than later. I'm cheering for you , please share with us in the future , as MissArrivedtoLove your journey , I hope for you , MrsHandledHerWithLOve will be a lucky man when all your energy is channelled for your benefit and the benefits of others. Nobody will change you , but you will , you are too aware of who you are , you are on your way there , I believe from what I read , that you will have the moment under the sun and bring lots of sunblock.

• @KempisMC
      what did I just read...
      but thanks I guess

• You are loveable , but just behind a badass wall , yet still lovable , I'm cheering for you. YOU might have the reasons to feel he way you , but you're still lovable. One day soon you'll see it and then it will change for you.

• Yes. I am going to be 29 in a week, and I have never had a relationship. I am also not attractive. I work out and keep myself fit and thin, but my face is extremely masculine looking. So men aren't attracted to me, and so I don't get asked out. I have never ever been on a date in my life. Any guy I've been interested in wasn't interested back. I've always been rejected.

I think by 29 it's too late to meet someone.

• Gosh, I'm sorry to hear all that.

• You can always hope , I understand rejection , we probably both do , what too much , but you still have hope , I created a page on Facebook called the rejected page, It never caught on , and in a way I'm glad, we always have hope and I'll share some of my hope with you.

• I don't think i'll be alone all the time, but i don't see myself committing anytime soon. I kind of hope i end up alone, i want to have adventures and see the world. I don't ever want to get comfortable.

• I think I will.. I dont think that people can really Be around me and be happy used that makes sense because I'm crazy

• Your still really young you got a massive huge amount of time to find that special someone.

• @Supermosh1990 Yes I know but the relationships that People are in and the complications and all that It's nit really worth it..