Would you date someone who has never dated?

This guy I met on Facebook is a mutual friend of a friend, and he seems like a cool guy but he's 26 and he's never even been on a date. When I asked him why he said it's due to "bad luck" and girls were never interested in him. Honestly, I see this as a red flag. I'm having doubts about him. Would you date someone in this situation?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I've never dated anyone, so I would be a hypocrite if I wouldn't date someone solely because she has never dated.

Really, I don't know why you see this as a "red flag." I think that's ridiculous. Many of these people are moral and well-off, but due to the superficial society we live in, they can't find someone. I know a big reason why I haven't found someone is due to the fact I'm not wealthy and I don't have a high social status. This is regardless of the fact I'm intelligent, hard-working, responsible and I consider myself physically attractive.

I say go for it! Quit seeing this as a "red flag."

What Guys Said 5

• I would personally date someone who has never dated. Hell, it'd be hypocritical if I wouldn't because I've never been on a date myself.
    While I can see your concerns-- of being worried about how the reasons people haven't dated him could be negative, I'd give him a chance. *Most* guys who don't get a date tend to be like that because of a combination of shyness and bad luck (though mostly shyness I'd say). There are tons of guys and girls who actually are decent people but for whatever reason have never dated before. You never know exactly how they are until you give them a chance!

• What kind of person do you want to be?

The kind that judges based on facts, or the kind that judges based on impressions and biases?

I bet you wouldn't like one of your crush to avoid dating you, just because the way you dress would give him the impression you're a slut (even though you're not at all).

So think about that.

• Why is that a red flag to you?

• Yes. I am bad at reading women and I never know how to make moves. I have only been with 3 women and I am 29. I could easily see myself in his situation. Frankly, I get nervous and afraid of renection. But you wouldn't know that about me if you were just my friend or co worker. I would not pre judge a woman for not dating.

• So you think because he hasn't dated yet that he should remain single for the rest of his life?

What Girls Said 2