Do you plan/have a Doctorate's degree?

I have a phD in Biology. I just wonder how many GAGers are in the same boat or if this is their plan.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't plan on having a Doctorate's degree. I just got my Bachelor's degree finished and I plan on starting on my Master's next Summer.

A phD program typically takes eight years (no shorter than that, and sometimes even longer), and I think that's way too long and expensive for a degree. It won't increase my teaching wage much higher and I feel like I would be smothered by student loans.

It's a cool idea. But I don't see the point of it in my career, as an English Arts teacher for adolescents (grades 7-12.)

What Guys Said 4

• I don't plan on getting one, but I don't rule it out.

• I finished my MSc and had no plan to keep going for a doctorate, don't really have that much interest in academics.

• A master degree which is considered much tougher than a doctorate. Might get another degree after some time as well.

• Nah I don't. That's great though. :)

What Girls Said 3

• I guess it depends on the major I would end up with.

• I love to. I want to be a teacher in university so I kinda have to :)

• I might have to.