Was the way she dumped me racist?

I met this girl on a dating app I had a picture of me but it was I'm a grey like color so she didn't know I was black.

We got into each other like we got close and we wanted to star gettin to know each other in real life so she starts calling me daily and soon after.. we Skype. She was shocked I was black but said it was ok. I ignored it.

We talked on Skype about regular stuff she was kinda sad or disappointed that I was black, The next day when she came home from the doctor she was feeling depressed I tried to help her out but she wouldn't tell me the problem I thought it was something medical.

So she tells me she's going to talk to her older brother. I'm like cool she came back nd this happened.

Was the way she dumped me racist?

That was it...
Racist?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• she is not worth your time.. move on..

• Dude...

She called you colored. It's two thousand and gotdamn fifteen! Like she was definitely racist. She tried to sugarcoat it, but just how she was saying the things she said... she was racist.

• She's definitely racist. I was in a friends with benefits thing with a racist and although he "loved" me, he wouldn't date me because I was black. And it hurt like hell. I tried to show him that I too wasn't like most black people, but he couldn't see that and wouldn't date me. This situation is way to similar to mine. I think you should forget about her and just let her go. Its gonna be hard and if you need to message me, go ahead. But don't get back with this girl.

• Forget about her. She's stupid. You should move on.

• She's very racist God, I can't believe her. -shakes head-
    And she says it in a way like it's alright.

• Wait what the fuck? Why is she even bringing race up? Of course it's racist!

• Ok first of all its okay to not want to date certain races if you don't find them attractive then you don't have to date them. BUT there no way in hell she couldn't you were black in your pic like come on I'm white and when I see grey pictures of black people I can see their black so she just a dumbass proof 1. She racist because I feel like the way she handle it was racist.

• Now what the hell is this?
    Of course that's racist just why is skin colour even still a thing?

• yes it obviously was

• Holy fuck she's dumb.

• Disgusting and racist

What Guys Said 7

• she's dishonest, she said she didn't judge skin color, but she did. Just forget her.

• Well she made it a pretty big deal about you being black, I don't think it was 'racist', more of pre-judging because racism is when she starts saying things that offend you, put your race down and make it seem like hers is more superior however, there was no intention here of doing so, thus i wouldn't say it's racist.

Wow and the way she types, damn I feel like throwing a dictionary at her face. I'm going to be little pre-judgmental but it seems to me that she is a little bit shallow. I might be wrong but it's a gut feel.

• She wasn't perfect you know but I accepted her and didn't bring it up

• You are proper bro... You the real gentleman

How old are you man? you're below 18 and you're talking to a what... late 20s?

• It sounds like she's racist, but not as bad as it could be. It sounds like someone who is racist because of the environment she grew up in. It also sounds like she's making at least some attempt to be open, but maybe not there yet.

Racism can't be turned off like flipping a light switch. It happens gradually, one person at a time. People aren't racist one day, then suddenly decide to not be racist any more. They have to transition over time. I think if racism is to be fought, the people in transition should be nurtured, not simply written off as racist.

What if someone is racist, but trying? Or if they are racist, but just being curious? Maybe they've had little or no contact with your race. You can ask yourself what is better. Should you just write them off as racist? Or should you give them the chance to know you better and understand you better?

• We all have our reasons for breaking up with somebody (except for me I am God's punishment upon women none of them want to be near me) and race is often one of them, many people simply don't want a romantic relationship with someone from a particular race. Calling you "colored" is somewhat old fashioned, but it is apparently what her black cousins wanted to be called.

• Though she was racist but it was you as well who allowed her to say that to you.
    Just forget about her. Not worth one bit.

• Yes, this would be racist in my opinion, tell her to move on

• Hmmm. I think it's racist that she doesn't want to date other races. I think she is trying to make excuses, but she really doesn't want to date you due to your race.