I like someone & Im freaking the eff out cuz I absolutely can't & dont know how to control my emotions, I need help?

Ok so super long story short. I'm 24, I've technically been single for 2 years, I've dated around but I haven't felt comfortable calling anyone my boyfriend since my last relationship which started when I was 20 and ended when I was 22 and it was just an absolute fucking disaster. It basically ruined my idea of love and relationships it turned me bitter, made me depressed, I was left with no self esteem and I still think that some of my memories from that relationship haunt me, actually I know for a fact that they do because here I am struggling to express myself to a guy I REALLY like.

I hate to admit it but I'm a total hopeless romantic, I try SO hard to put on that careless cool chick act all the time but I'm not like that, I love being in love but not just with anyone, it has to be crazy, madness, passionate like insane love and finding that type of love doesn't happen everyday and that's why i've always struggled with dating because i've dated many types of guys and they've been good to me but if i dont feel that passion i get bored and feel uncomfortable and just end it. So i've only felt this way twice in my life. Once with my psychotic ex, I was truly crazy for him but i'm over it now. And then... I feel it now I met a guy about 6 weeks ago, he's my cousin's friend & from the moment I saw him I knew.. I told myself this is the type of guy that u want, the type that u will obsess over, the type that will give u good sex, the type that u can easily fall in love with & do anything & everything for, the type that will probably make u cry and break ur heart & i just HATE this feeling. I wish I never met him I don't want to feel this way. The fear of not having him & things not working out is driving me crazy. He's shown interest in me, he wants to take me out but I'm terrified, I know I like him more than he likes me and it gives me the worst anxiety. It's taking over my whole world right now I don't know what to do

What Guys Said 1

• The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

So let go of the fear.

If you allow yourself to be controlled by the fear, you're guaranteeing romantic failure. If, however, you are the one in control, and you allow for the possibility of romantic happiness, then it's true--you might win and you might lose, but at least you'll be giving it your best shot.

Finding love can be a struggle. So remember your Bertolt Brecht: "He who fights may lose. He who doesn't fight has already lost."

Good luck.

What Girls Said 0