Why guys get intimidated by independent girls?

It really annoys me when guys get scared of too confident or too independent girls.. what's so attractive about easy clingy girls? like when I don't like it when someone pays for me they just get away.. or when If I don't want someone to help me with my work.. yes I appreciate it thans but why can't anybody handle an independent girl!

Most Helpful Guy

• I actaually like independent girla, the problem is, they dont seem to like me. Ota all the petitw looking girls who are rally caring and dependent who like me. All the indepdent girla look at me like im an ass or someting.

• It depends I guess.. idkyou so I can't really say why they don't.. but I'm a petite girl myself so people get shocked from how independent I am.. and I got this from my mom cause she has been a single mom for a long time but a very successful woman too

• I swear that's the same question I ask her all the time.. but thank god she realized it so early and she's thankfull to raise me and my brother.. independent and positive girls and guys hate negativity and people that make fun of them all the time so I guess that's why they got a divorce

• Mmmm ok. Well i have looked at the other comments and mine seems to be the best, can i get mho.

What Guys Said 7

• Confidence and independence attracts men. Something else is keeping them away

• Looks like I'm not a "one size fits all" hahah :D

• If a girl doesn't bring a pack of bacon at my front door then she's not for me... so I guess like independent girls.

• Hahahaha independent girls can still have fun don't worry

• Stop flattering yourself lol. Sound so full of yourself.. maybe you're just not appealing to men and they actually aren't insecure around you.

• Hahaha ohmygod sorry I wasn't even trying to go there or being so into myself but I heard lots of guys say that they wouldn't date a girl with a job at all that's why I was just shocked and curious about that.. but thank you for your opinion.. maybe it's just me :D

• Yea exactly.. like there's these feminists who go like women are better than men in everything.. but I believe in equality not in everything tho cause why would someone date another person if they're too perfect.. I know I'm not perfect tho.. but I love having a job and working and if I'm in a relationship I would like to give this other person some space and he could give me some and everyone has his own life that we can share at some point but not share all of it I wouldn't want a guy to leave the life he built behind just for me.. I need a passionate independent one.. that hard?

• And cooking meal for someone or paying for something or buying gifts should be out of love not because I have to or he has to..

• Independence is the opposite of dependence. Relationships rely on some form of dependence on the other person. By being completely independent you are saying "I don't need you," or, "I don't want what you have to offer."

• I love independent girls as long as she's not way too independent.

• Okay but what about opening jar by myself or having my own money.. so I don't look for money in a partner.. what's so wrong about that?

• I guess most guys want to feel needed or maybe they think because you already have those, they got nothing else to offer you

• Obviously I want someone to get my flirty side out of me xD.. I can't be my own man forever

• Agree with the other poster, I like confident and independent women, very sexy. I don't like women who have this superiority complex over men as if we are a obsolete gender.

• I wasn't hating on the gender I promise :D.. I was just being curious.. felt like suddenly guys *not all of them*are into the one night stand kind of girls and if a girl is slightly smarter or just smart they back off.. and yea maybe that's fun and all but it's just weird

• being too independent is not attractive. What u said would make me think u didn't want anything to do with me. Too confident girls aren't attractive cause they are too self obsessed.

• Well.. I can ask for help but in stuff that I can't really do but I wouldn't act like I can't do something just to get a guy.. that's the whole point

What Girls Said 0