Why do girls always ask for pics after we setup a date?

Like for example i'll have pics on the dating site and we will talk for a week or so and setup a date and then she'll be like hey can I see another pic of you? I've had like 3 girls say this. I'm thinking well you will see me on the date, I have pics on the dating site. wtf? Seems a bit shallow to me.

Most the women catfish me, unfortunately.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have Myself in All of the times I have been on dating sites, Been Asked on my own cell Phone..."Can you send me more pictures?"
    The shoe isn't always on One female foot here, dear. Even though I post a Pix from yesterday, they want to Double Check Today that I am Who I am and say Who Ia m and that I am Not A... Catfish.
    It's the case with your face as well, I can tell. Girls today are scammed and conned so much they just want o make sure that You are All That and that you You Have More in Store... Don't take it to heart or feel you have been kicked or that you've Been... Tricked.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't be sure because I am nit a girl but two if my friends went on dates with guys from dating sites. When they met them those guys were not the guys from their profile pictures. They just posted them to look more impressive. If this is the reason than I can't blame the girls for wanting more proof.

What Girls Said 11

• they just want a most recent photo.. because many people use photos which they took ages ago.. plus it is also a way to confirm if you are really you.

• I think they want to make sure you are real...
    You know some may use fake pics.

That could be one of the reasons.

• well they just like to see you.. i see nothing wrong with it

• Make sure you're real

• Because the whole idea of picking someone based on their appearance is shallow, which is exactly what you do on dating sites :P

• Want to make sure you are who you say you are.

• We just want to know what you look like/

• They are asking for pics because they want to be sure you're not using pictures from like 6 years ago when you looked hot or young. They want to make sure they are hooking up with the right guy. If a girl posted a picture of herself thin and when you saw her on the date she was fat, wouldn't you been a bit peeved?

• Well I mean.. you are on the internet, on a dating site. Outside of internet dating, people are usually able to see the other person from all angles so.. I don't see the shallowness.

• They want to make sure you are who you say you are and you didn't lie and post a picture from 20 years ago

• Ask one out first.

What Guys Said 13

• It's probably to show their friends. Like, hey, at least they're asking for a picture of you, and not just taking it without consent. I wouldn't be too worried as long as they're not nudes.

• i´ve been catfished a few times too... so i think i´d have the right to do this xD i mean i understand if one wants more pics but after you´ve allready setup a date? ftw just go with it.

• Make sure you're real as it's online after all and there are many catfishes out there

• I would really hate that because i look so different in pictures. I look worse in pictures than in real life. I've had lots of girls tell me i look much bettef in real life and in person.

• Maybe it's a shit test? Tell them back that you'll need to see a timestamped photo of them before the date.

• Well they met you online. They're making sure they're not getting catfished or robbed. you should too.

• because 18 year old dave should not turn out to be 53 year old filbert :P

• When you say that most women catfish you, what do you mean? They aren't the person in the pictures? Or they are older pictures from when they were a lot better looking?

• Catfishing is a real thing

• Well a lot better than asking you to go on a webcam..

• They just want you to prove you're not a photo pirate.

• i think its more of a security thing. dont you think.

• Hey, at least you have girls replying to you lol.

What site do you use?