Girls, is confidence really that attractive?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• It's attractive, to a limit.
    I like people who are happy with who they are, and aren't affected very much by put-downs. They are strong-willed.
    But its definitely a fine line.
    I can't handle someone who will turn everything into a compliment for him/herself. Being arrogant and cocky is not a turn on.
    So you can have confidence, it is a good trait, of course. Makes you seem more approachable.
    But... dont overdo it. Our world is made of dine lines, and overstepping them screws you over.

Im not implying I don't fancy shy people. In fact I prefer them. Since I am one myself.

What Girls Said 23

• Yes, if you aren’t going to have confidence in yourself, why would anyone else? You can’t expect people to support you unconditionally if you do not believe in yourself wholeheartedly. If you aren’t secure in who you are as a person, how can you ever move forward in life with ease?

The honest answer is you can’t because you are nervous and self-conscious. Instead of concerning yourself with the opinions of others, you must live your life for yourself. Do things that make you happy and that interest you.

If an opportunity arises that you wish to explore, don’t think, just dive right in because that is the only way you are going to learn how to strive and to succeed on your own.

Good luck.

• Well, yeah!
    Honestly, I think it does everything. Not everyone is "gifted" with amazing looks, but they still appear attractive. Why? Because they feel and think they are. And confidence and attractiveness is not always based on looks.

• Yep. It really is. Of course, don't mistake confidence for arrogance. When a guy has confidence, he'll have a much easier time getting a girl than one who doesn't.

• Yes, but its not a deal breaker, its just one of many things that I find attractive in a man.
    If you were shy, but had other great traits, then it would not worry me at all.

But over confidence is a big turn off for me, so its a fine line really.

• Sure... But overdoing it can also be terrible...
    So a middle ground is best.

• It is , but being overly confident or faking it will probably come of as arrogant

www.reactiongifs.us/.../meh_emma_stone.gif

• yup it sure is..

• yes and a deal breaker when not there joking not a deal maker at all almost all women worry about the guy finding other more interesting girl and being replace so when the guy lacks confidence big time is like a bonus

• To me, it doesn't matter. I actually prefer shy guys. As long as he's not insecure about himself, it's fine.

• Yup, it's crucial

• Ohhh yeeeees it is!

• Having some confidence can always be good but there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance.

• Yes it is and in tone and how u carry yourself

• It can be. But I always get the weird feeling about super-confident guys that they're up to something... This probably sounds strange, but I know a guy who just kind of jokes about his lack of confidence, and I thought THAT was kind of attractive.
    Then again, I'm weird. :P

• I kinda like shy guys more than very confident ones but the majority of women like confidence, its one of the main traits that they look in a guy.

• It is very attractive :)

• Yeah, it's definitely important.

• Yes definitely but too much turns to cockyness
    and we also like it when we can relate with and awkward side

• First up: confidence and shyness aren't related traits. You can be confident and shy. Shy people do not like to interact with people they don't know. Confidence is a belief in your own self-worth. It is a feeling about yourself that isn't related to comfort in interacting with others.

Confidence is an absolute must have for me. Being outgoing is not, even though I am an outgoing person.

If you don't think you have value, I can't create that feeling for you.

• for me it's assertiveness really
    and of course i dont want a guy who is deadly insecure

• Nothing beats confidence

• yes it is attractive but it depends how you use it