Are you iffy about dating someone with the same name as your ex?

Its bad enough when they have the same first name, lol but I actually met someone with the first AND last name of my ex...

• The name doesn't matter as long as they dont constantly remind me of my ex.
    50% (7)75% (6)59% (13)Vote
  • If they have the same name as my ex, I feel like thats a sign 😓
    50% (7)25% (2)41% (9)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Hmm...

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it's best to get your first boyfriend's name tattooed, then just only date guys with that name so it stays relevant! But seriously, the first and last name being the same is a little much...

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• obviously "A"... tbh i'm surprised results r 50:50... o_O

let's be rational... a name's just a name it's a typical thing... it wasn't even their choice first of all... ;)

especially if it's a common name it'd be only stupid to say like for xample "every James is a shitty person"...

i understand a certain name might bring back some bad memories... but u should realise their personalities might be totally different... ;)

anyway as for yer case... u should just understand sharin da same first/last name's just a coincidence and nothing more... guess both r very common... and face her as a different person than yer X... :)

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I would not date another Peter or another Jason (if I ever ended my relationship). Not because it's a sign or whatever... but the name would create memories of the old relationship and I don't want to take that with me into another relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do feel a little weird. I'd rather not be reminded of my exe's, so them having the same name freaks me out a little.

0|1
    0|0
  • (laughing)
    Never once + am often dating three or four guys with the same first name.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think it's a sign but I think it would hurt me to date another girl named brittany again after what happened.

0|1
    0|0