Was this a date or just hanging out.. I'm so confused?

Recently a new guy just joined my group of friends. I noticed he would stare at me & a couple weeks ago he got my # and we've been texting nonstop since then. He's asked me to hang out one-on-one a couple times but it was last min & i couldn't make it. He finally planned something in advance & asked me to go to an art museum/park over the weekend. The whole time we were together he wasn't flirty or anything, and when we had lunch & I offered to split the bill he didn't object. But the next day he texted "I had a really fun time with you yesterday, let's hang out again soon!". I'm super confused if this was a date or not.. by the way he seems pretty reserved.

Most Helpful Guy

• Without knowing his history, it's just a guess, but I'd say this was 'getting to know you.'

SOME people would say that is a date, but generally people say an art museum is just 'getting to know you' , and most people, rightly or wrongly, would say splitting the bill disqualifies it as a 'date'.

• This was helpful, and by the way i asked him and he said this was NOT a date and that he wasn't looking to date anyone.. so yea that was embarrassing hah

• Sorry things are this way...
      thanks for the MHO!

What Guys Said 2

• It probably was, but if you want to be 100% sure, kiss him the next time you see him. If he reciprocates, it's a date.

• take it from me if you want it to count as a real date you need to make sure you both feel that it is... you deserve to feel that =) if its in question it can hurt later on, speaking from experience

its nice to be acknowledged officially sometimes, even if its just "i had fun on our date lets do it again" just you saying that makes it real and if he runs thats his loss =) im not saying force it, but dont let it hang that way

What Girls Said 2

• I'd say it wasn't a date but that's just me. Especially if you split the bill c (x

• I agree with @martyfellow, it's hard to tell but just try to get to know him and see how it develops