Am I wrong for not wanting to date him after I heard this about him?

So there's this guy I just met and he seems nice but im still getting to know him. As far as im concerned he is on the basketball team. And when everyone found out I liked him all of the guys said " Nooo, I just lost all respect for you if you like him," and I said " doesn't he play basketball with you guys" and they laughed and said " he's on the team!" Basically they were saying that he was sorry in basketball and never played. After that conversation I dont know if I wanna date him anymore. I don't know how I feel about him anymore. Am I wrong for feeling this way?

• yes
  • no
Yea you guys are right, im still interested and im not gonns let those morons convince me otherwise. Half of those guys used to like me anyways so they're probably just jealous
Wowww it's so ironic how I'm the shallow one and I literally just found out he has a girlfriend!! He's the one that turned out to be the bastard. Smh.

Most Helpful Guy

• Screw what other people think. You control your own feelings and if your really into him then you should go for it, but don't let others control how you feel

What Guys Said 3

• wait so correct me if I am wrong, you're interested in this guy who plays bball, and now that you found out he's not that good at it (im assuming that's what they meant), you're having second thoughts?

• Wow, you're going to let other people sway decision for you on someone you're interested in? Do you even know or talk to this guy?

• Sooo, the only reason you may not like him anymore is because you heard he sucks st basketball? That's a bit shallow, don't you think?

What Girls Said 2

• So you don't want to date him because he doesn't or can't play basket ball? That's a bit shallow.

If that's not the case and it's simply because of other's opinions of him, then that's a silly reason. If you like someone, date them and learn about the real person behind the rumours.

• That is very shallow, why should it matter? these other guys are just morons.