Men don't prefer dating educated women. Is itI?

I am 24 and I already have 4 degrees. A bachelors, a masters, a diploma and military training degree. Would regular men won't prefer me because of this? I see the only guys talking to me are scientists or engineers or doctors but I usually see that musicians, DJ's, party loving guys go away once I tell them about my job and education. I sniif the problem with this is my education and job. Is it?

• Yes it would be turn off
  • No it does not matter

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell no. I want a smart girl that questions things and wonders about the world. The only reason they might be put off is because they probably think you're out of their league.

Most people that party are people who spent their time AWAY from college, because they couldn't keep up or chose to be careless through life, and assume that someone with that kind of education is just chatting to avoid boredom.

• Thats what I want from a guy too. A guy who is not ignorant and asks questions. Oh yes I wouldn't play dumb for a guy.
      Avoid boredom:/ What really? I didn't know it! I genuinely asked a DJ out and we went on a date too until he knew I was a scholarship student and had a job too. I saw him being a bit awkward after it. I am still interested in different league "individuals"

• Then I would focus on their quirks. They may be worried about what they can offer you. If that's the case, you need to reassure them that what they already have is worthwhile. Comment on the little things that you like about them, like their humor or their talents.

Someone like you has plenty of experience and life to talk about, and guys want to be the breadwinner, the supporter. They want you to rely on them, and with your background you don't really need to.

That's kinda scary. To date someone that doesn't need you.

• I think I won't be able to monetarily depend on a man for sure specifically if I don't marry him. But I can definitely devote myself in a relationship and play woman, ignoring any degree I have.
      I'd make sure I compliment "the party type" men while dating or meeting or just talking :) Compliment genuinely what I like in them.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 29

• I don't know about other guys but being an educated lady is damn must for me. I don't give 2 fucks if she's smarter than me either. But I do think at your age with that many educational accomplishments the dating pool in finding someone equal to yourself will be a bit small. I for one have a hard time finding a lady with such intelligence such as your self in the dating world.

• Schade!!! for people like us. We would always be misunderstood as snobs and people be ignorant of other qualities. Being educated as a guy you'd always be in demand but being educated as a girl I would not be much in demand. I see Euro women who are educated, end up alone...

• @Asker - I can only express my emotion to her as a man can, but the decision is ultimately up to her. I'm not going to force someone to be with me. I want her to want to be with me not because she has to or needs to. OH YEAH, sometimes it's very numbing to think that coming across someone w/ chemistry, understanding, high level of intelligence, plenty of common interests is rare. I thought that once I had found the proverbial 'one' but she passed away, life crumbled to ashes then I had to plot n scheme n plan my comeback and that's where I am now 3yrs later. Now, I just have to keep faith that I'll meet someone that compliments me as much as I do her, this girl is very much that but... maybe not right now. I don't feel bad, I've had troubles in my entire life, at times I think me and trouble are like freakin BFFs hahaha, but thank you. What military training degree do you have if you don't want to talk about it here just om me.

• @Asker - *pm me

• The amount of formal education shouldn't have anything to do with attraction but if that's the first thing that she tells people.
    "I am 24 and I already have 4 degrees. A bachelors, a masters, a diploma and military training degree. "

That's a bit on the side of boastful. Can't say that's a quality people like.

• I am telling this here because its a part of explanation of my problem. In a formal introduction what else would I tell? I study... hmmm in school :P?
      My colleague is 27 and she is on verge of finishing her PhD!! Her guide who is a famous computer scientist himself told her, "You are just 27, why not live your life rather than having so many degrees". And thats the source of my ""I am 24 and I already have 4 degrees..."
      Im just 24 and I have four degree but where I come from people have it at the age of 22. So I am kind of late. I consumed 2 years of my life in deciding things. I would be off and married somewhere if Im not studying, so that naturally became my passion.
      I am not a cool kid but I have ambitions to learn and apply and manufacture same like a musician or a dancer or artist would have and would showcase.

• I didn't vote but I do have a recommendation. I'm guessing that you're justifiably proud of your accomplishments but I would suggest that you leave relating them until a little later in the courting process. I wouldn't include them in an online dating profile. I'm not saying that men go for dumb broads--nothing could be farther from the truth. I'm just saying that the fun loving party animals are easily intimidated.

• I love studying and learning and would go for PhD soon (Touch wood) and still I dont speak like Im bragging about my education specially in front of men!! I think you are right and fortunately I did not mention about my accomplishments to the other guy I am in touch with these days. He is electronic music producer and plays in concerts.

• I write kinky erotica, sometimes in serials. You sound like that might be fun. If so, message me as Educated Wench.

• Messaged.

• I prefer someone who is intellectually stimulating. I'm not shallow when it comes to physical beauty but I am when it comes to the mind.

• It is not necessarily that they are intimidated by the success, but by their previous experience with such women and what they see and read about them. Many feel that such women would be unhappy with someone not as successful as her. They also see that many successful women tend to be, "snarky," which men hate with a passion.

• I don't want to date a dumb girl, I want to date a smart creative girl. The best thing for me would be a girl who has a great job she loves, and can help me build my dreams that are less easy to be successful at.

• Yes thats it. A person passionate enough to have dreams and want to achieve them. Be it scientist or artist ot social worker. Its working in hand in hand that matter not the degrees or the level of cool kid attitude.

• if you don't like a women or girl being smart the that's kinda messed up, I would rather be with someone who is as smart or smarter then me, not just in grades or diplomas but in a way of having deeper conversations about different things life, economics, etc.

• Woah life, economics, religion, politics, geography, philosophy :D Thats sounds so amazing :)

• It's all in the delivery. There's no need to talk about your education unless the conversation calls for it.

Throwing your degrees you earned in a conversation unnecessarily, comes off as boastful and arrogant, and most men absolutely don't want THAT in their woman! ;-)

• Actually I love intelligent women, as long as they aren't cocky or arrogant then I'm fine with them. It probably has nothing to do with your degree's to be honest, if there is a problem it's with you most likely not with the titles you hold.

Not trying to be hurtful just honest.

• I dont care about the titles in a relationship. I hope it is noticed in me. I dont even know wht cocky is -_- I hit myself with poles on street usually when I walk because Im shy and confused and inrovert, except when Im in front of computers where I can do magic stuff.

• Well then you probably just haven't found the right guy then.

• Simply put--most men realize innately that women want a man who outdoes her or is at least equal in all ways.

Such as, women want a man taller than them, a man who makes at least as much money, at least as well educated, etc.

It's kind of like how nerdy white guys date Asian girls because they know, they can "punch above their weight" if they date asian?

Most men know they can "hit harder" if they date girls who are less educated/less status than them.

Such as, currently, I have a bachelor's and tragically work security. If I date a 19 year old college girl working retail, she'll probably think well enough of me.

If I date a 24 year old with a master's degree working in city hall... yeah, she's not going to think as well of me.

• Well in that case, the only thing I'd have inferior from a guy is my height and the fact that I come from a developing country and date a guy from a well off economically strong nation. Also if Im a lot younger than him then he'd probably think he can lead me! Yes you gave right example.

• Doesn't matter to me about her educational background, as long as she has a decent head on her shoulders that's fine. So i would still date a girl with your background, as long as I get on with you, and also attracted to you.

• I hope the guy around me understand this :D

• Maybe, maybe not, either way just be yourself and if guys use a crap excuse to avoid you because of your education, then their not the right ones anyway.

Good luck 😜

• I have decided not to tell about my education to men from now on or tell them my parents forced me to study but I myself want to be a party animal from inside. Sometimes right ones are hidden under the electronic music.

Thank you :)

• My girlfriend's wall is covered with diplomas and certificates. I'm madly in love with her.

• Its cute <3
      I'd check if they have some machine to make clones :P

• Of course the party boys are turned off. They assume you only date guys with a similar degree or with a lot of cash. Most men would just assume you'd never date a guy who makes more money than he does.
    If you like party boys it's never gonna happen unless you keep your education quiet.

• I'd keep it quiet from now!!
      Woah dating a guy for money? No its lame. I won't let the guy in relationship with me pay my bills or even pay my share during dates unless if he really wants to. I would be going on a date with one such guy. Should I let him pay or should I ask him to share?

• Well if you're money bags then you should offer to pay. That would at least make him think you're a sugar momma, guys get hot for that.

• Im not money bags!! But I don't want a guy to pay for me because if he pays Im obliged to do something for him which I may not be able to.

• I think such guys shun education in general. It has nothing to do with dating.

• I like a different league though... May be they have some other passion...

• yeah, you need to find a non-intellectual hobby. Sports are always an easy one. I would recommend hockey, as it is the superior sport - though I hate to admit it, but you'll probably have better luck with football. However, sports are a spectator thing, and it may be difficult to find something to talk about. You could pick up a video game. RPGs are probably the easiest to play. Even this is still a bit geeky, though it is becoming more mainstream.

pop culture, in general, is a best bet. Find what's popular among the age group you seek, and learn everything you can about it. Become interested in the dance music. Know the artists and the songs. Learn about the popular models and actors, the movies they are in, and so on. When you talk to such people, you almost have to act ashamed of your education, or they will assume you think it's a big deal and automatically disagree - end of introduction.

• Oh yes yes yes I got it. I dance Salsa and Reggaeton. Thats what I like about the party animals. Video games are cool I can speak about them avoiding the scientific sides. I can talk about techno and EDM and electronic music. Oh yea and horror movies too!! Maybe about the gypsy kinda people who are famous in Germany.

I'd superficially shun the education part now :P

• most people don´t date women that are far more educated than them selfes. i´d have no problem dating you. but it really boils down to your character not your education or achievements.

• These most men would still not want to be with me!!

• i guess you´ve just been unlucky.

• Hahahahaha :D I think the same.

• ... turn on?

• You sound like one of the overachieving insecure types I will pass

• I am not insecure about my education I'd go for more education maybe until I get post doctoral fellowship. I'm insecure about being single.

• Oh yes!! I am intimidated by the men geeks myself because I was made fun of by many men geeks during my educational period. To the point that I avoided talking to them and moreover I was ashamed because they were perfect at it.

Yes Im waiting :P If you see a skeleton somewhere in Europe sitting on bench that would be me.
      Jokes apart, yes I need to wait and scan for these men around me. Difficult but not impossible.

• Best of luck 😄

• It doesn't matter. I choose u for u and not for what u have accomplished.

• And that should be the mentality :)

• Hey thats really cute :)

• Lel how would u like that ano cutie ;3

• I care about intelligence and not about education. I want to be able to have a decent conversation, I really don't care what level of whetever degree you have.

• Im getting to understand it now :) They need a decent conversation.

• Well this is me. Some guys don't. Really depends on whom you're attracted to.

• some guys can be intimidated by it, especially the party types

• And Im to court them :P and try hard.

• why go after the guys who are to scared to go after you

• Maybe because they are not as accessible.

• It sounds like they just don't have much in common with you.

• They would if they search.

• bigger question is would you be willing to date somone with just a high school diploma?

• I am young and I also like a guy who makes music and parties!! I would like dating guys out of my league too.

• such a progressive young lady. we need more like you

• Thank you :)

• If they instantly go away i bet it's not lack of interest, they just have it in their heads you'd

• (Contd) never go for them. You should try mentioning it to make it just a meaningless side comment. That way they know it's not a big deal.

• I'd instead not mention about my education at all :P or else make a joke out of it.

• You can have all those degrees, but it won't help you beat me up...

• Why would I want to beat you?

• It was a form of expression, but that stuff would not scare me; they are probably insecure. You can't beat me up.

• Oh sorry... Im slow in getting things inside my head though. Well that shouldn't scare anyone :)
      Yes I cannot beat you up for sure.

• Trust me you only want well educated guys, not musicians and DJ's - except for causal sex perhaps - you want a man on your own level or you will get bored in time.

• I get what you are trying to explain and I think it is has truth but I just want to explore those whose league I won't ever be able to join. The mad artists, moody and passionate men.

• as a sapiosexual you are my dream girl

• That's a compliment :) Thank you. I would admire anyone who likes my brains more than the booty (Which is rarely a case!)!

• I used to think the same way about the stereotypical (party animal) not wanting anything to do with reality, but some individuals are well rounded partying hard into the night and next morning going into exams and smashing them. But those are rare.

• Maybe I just encountered the stereotypical ones till now. They must be really rare in this case.

• Are you fucking nuts? I'd definitely date a strong, independent and educated woman.

But you could probably kick my ass, so I'd be cautious :P

• No I would not. I am just educated because its something I like to do. I didn't grow horns on me :P

• Lemme guess... German shepherds? :p

I don't really remember your country as it was a loooong time ago, but I heard you guys are really tall. Like 6'5 for guys and 5'11 for girls minimum

• No the dogs were alsatians.

There are tall Germans and short hybrids. I am 4'11". German guys are tall enough but the average for them is 5'11" - 6'2". Im not German.

• My wife has four degrees to my one degree. Not a problem at all.

How much detail do you go into when you tell them about your job and degrees? You may come off as intimidating or stuck up (whether it's fair or not).

I was a police officer. I quickly realized I couldn't tell women what I did for a living. For some reason, it turned a lot of them off as a first impression. On first meetings, if it came up, I would just say I was a civil servant. I would tell them later, if things progressed well. If the questions persisted, I would fib a bit and say I was a trash collector. Oddly, this was sometimes better received than being a cop. Go figure.

• I'd totally avoid speaking about my degrees to any guy I date now. I TOTALLY won't until he starts liking me :D
      Trash collector :D Hilarious :D :D I'd date a police officer for sure :)

• Because they know the vast majority of women want somebody better than them. They know they don't have the money or better education and know that 99 percent of women with a higher education wouldn't want them.

• Okay probably Im in the rest of 1%.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm about to skew your data because I'm nosy.

• :D hahahahaha now I have to begin doing the experiment from scratch :P

• A professional student!

• Hahahaha :D Yes I like to learn.

• Your better off with the scientists and engineers.

• I dont want to :P They intimidate me.

• @sailorjupiter yeah so what fucking happens when their health and jobis compromised? They ain't fucking immortals/ invincible anymore. They really stick it in ppl's face about how superior they are.

• Yes they do not communicate like a normal guy does... Some are shy but then inside they are like "Buhahahahaha you woman! Im smart man. Go fuck computers like I do." :D