For guys and girls how important is it that your boyfriend/girlfriend is a good listener? Does a good listenr need to give advice, or just listen?

• It is important to me.
  • It is not important to me.
  • See results.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get offended if he doesn't listen.

Goes back to my love language. There are 5. While you identify with all to some degree, one or two are usually more obvious.

Mine are words of affirmation and quality time. In that order. I show love and that I care by talking to you. And I don't talk much. But if I'm talking to him I hope he's listening - receiving my affection.

I receive love that way as well. You can shower me with gifts or hang on me all you want and I won't feel endeared by you or loved by you. Those make me feel awkward and uncomfortable.

If he listens and hears what I have to say and then can construct valid responses and carry a conversation with me it makes me feel close to him. It makes me feel loved.

So yes. It is extremely important that he be a good listener.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's important, even though I rarely open myself, but just the fact that she listens may help me open up easier and faster.

What Girls Said 2

• I like getting advice's but helpful ones.

Example, if I am feeling down because I lost something and keep losing things (making it up, lol) and I go to him for advice.
    Him saying, "Just be more responsible. Fix that and you're good," is not helpful.

Lol.

• I think it's nice if they can try offer advice, but a lot of the time it's really just nice if they'd listen and pretend to care :P

What Guys Said 0