Is it okay for me to go out with more than one guy at the same time?

I am not dating anybody, but have made plans to go out on a date with a guy on Friday. Also, a friend of mine who i am pretty sure likes me asked me to "go out" with him but didn't label it a date but as just us having fun. Is it okay for me to go out with both guys? I dont like either of them in that way but wanna build a friendship with both of them.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's ok cause there's nothing exclusive between any of you, but you should tell the first guy that you don't like him, cause he asked you on a date, and you accepted, so he thinks you like him... you actually should have said no to thee first guy, or just tell him that you just want to be friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's okay to go out with both of them since nothing is exclusive, however, keep these things in mind-- and take my advice seriously:

You don't want to hurt anyone (because that's not nice), so don't lead either of them on if you aren't looking to be in a relationship with one of them in the future. Meaning if you don't like the first guy, tell him somehow that it's not going to be a date. And in my personal opinion, dating multiple people is OK-- until you're "official"/exclusive with someone. Cheating is bad (lol).

But let's get this down: dating doesn't not mean you're their girlfriend or he's your boyfriend. Dating is when you go out on dates prior to being in a relationship (or not) to get to know the other person (basically to see if you like each other or not).

What Guys Said 27

• Dating is just going out and doing something together and getting to know each other better. As long as that is what you are doing and they understand that, then there is nothing wrong with that at all.

• It's OK, as long as you inform both guys that any romance is off the cards. You owe them that, especially the first guy.

• Guys don't want to be friends with girls they date, they want to fuck you or have a relationship with you that leads to fucking or both.

Don't waste these guys time if you're not sexually attracted to them.

Go find someone who you are attracted to and it will then be worth both of your whiles to date and talk and do all that pre-sex jazz.

• Yeah its fine as long as you don't commit to one of them including if your just trying to be friends with them

• If you don't like either of them in that way you need to tell them before they invest time and money taking you out, because I think they do like you in that way. If you want to build a friendship then you need to tell them, because I think they are wanting to build a relationship.

• If you state that you are just hanging out as friends, then there Is no issu.

• Anytime it's considered a date is when you need to watch it. If you are just hanging out, then it's not a big deal. Just make sure the guy (or both of them) knows that. You don't necessarily need to let them know that you are dating someone unless you feel you need to. Just make sure you are clear between both of them.

• Nothing wrong with it, if one of them only wants a relationship it will upset them but considering you only want friendship I guess that doesn't matter as much. I'd be open to talking about it but don't feel obligated to tell them.

• i´ve been out with more girls at the same time and i´ve been out with girls that were seeing other guys at the same time.
    key is honesty. just be open about it.

• Then just do it.

• Yes, it's fine to go out on dates with other guys if you don't have a steady boyfriend

• You should at the very least tell them that you only see them as friend beforehand. Letting them possibly pay for your dates thinking they have a shot would be shitty (and not at all what a friend would do).

• As long as you're fine with these guys seeing other girls then it's alright.

• no its never ok, but in ur situation I don't know just be carefull and dont lead them both along lke there the only one

• Yeah its totally fine anymore. You might want to keep it on the downlow as some people will not be ok with it.

• From my point of view, and a lot of people will disagree, at Under 18 dating shouldn't be your concern at all.

• You didn't agree to be exclusive to either, so do it if you want, plus you don't see them in that way.

• No it is not okay.

• It's fine. Guys do this, too. In fact, both genders do this. You don't have to tell them about it either, if you don't want to. Some guys might find that troublesome, but it wouldn't bother me. I've never went on a date, though.

• No it's wrong.

• It's ok. Join your live without fear.

• well today society supports all kind of perversions... .

• They are both under the impression that it is a full on romantic date even if they don't say it. It is ok to go out with multiple people but It could save them a lot of heartache in the long run if you tell them you're only interested in friendship.

• Unless you have an agreement with your significant other not to date others, then yes, it is ok.

Some still date others when they are married. Some couples date the same third person (which can be really fun).

• Since you are in no relationship now, go for it. But you become interested in one, you had better friend zone the othe quickly. The "just friends" thing doesn't work well. I'm not saying don't have male friends, but be clear about bounderies and who your SO is. I am not into girls who have a big chain of guys because A, there will always be competition and B, it shows they can't or won't make up their mind. IMAO, hope that helps

• so to both guys going out with a girl is a date even though he doesn't say maybe he's shy, if he likes you, its a score in his book. Let them know how you feel before hand so you dont have to deal with any bitter feelings later. Just be like ok i dont have plans with my boyfriend that day so we can go" so you dont have your foot in your mouth if he really means to go out and have fun as friends

• Yeah, if you want to be known as a player

What Girls Said 11

• you can date any amount of people simultaneously as long as none of them believes it to be exclusive. If everybody involved knows this, it is fine.

As to the "date", if a guy asks you on a date specifically, it means he likes you and by you accepting, will assume that you like him back. You should let him know BEFORE the date that you are seeing this date as a way of getting to know him as a friend.
    He needs to know, anything else would be unfair to him. If he decides to cancel, you will have to accept it. Not all guys are OK with being friendzoned (rightfully so) and might move on right away.

In regards to the other guy, "go out" could mean "date" to him. It's potentially the same situation as in guy nr.1
    You have to ask him if he considers this a date or not because you only see him as a friend.

Be upfront about your feelings. It is tempting and flattering to be pursued, but it is uncool to risk hurting someones feelings. Clear communication is key and might save a friendship.

• Yes! You're allowed to date however many guys you want until you're in an exclusive relationship with one of them

• It's totally okay, just be careful not to lead anyone on. Particularly your friend, if the situation feels different from a typical hang out, he might presume it's a date even if you don't see it that way. Make your intentions clear, if he's really your friend you won't want to hurt his feelings.

• Yes you are not anyones girlfriend. you dont owe a guy exclusivity because you go on a date

• If it's an established part of the dating world you are in... yes.
    If any of the males believes they are in a closed relationship then NO, you need to define these parameters.

• I think it's totally fine! Have some fun, just make it clear to them that you want to be friends. I see no wrong in dating them both, as long as you're not flirting with them both and asking for more. If you wanted to be with them both at the same time (boyfriend and girlfriend), then that would be bad.

• I'd say so but a lot of people says it's unfaithful.
    Just be careful if the guys know each other

• just to build a friendship? but then why are you asking? they'll both think it's a date.

• I think as long as you're not in a relationship it's fine

• Yes, absolutely! You don't have to tell either boy you're hanging out with another, especially because you aren't officially together.

• If they like you in a romantic way , but you only want to build a friendship with both of them , then it would be best to let them know you are only pusuing a friendship. If not , it'll become compicated.

It is best to let people know where they stand to prevent anyone being hurt, and it'll also cause you less stress in the long run.

It is good to have friends to go out with and have fun together but personally , i would let them know that is all it is. If you don't then you could earn yourself the reputaion of a " player"