Would you date someone with Social Anxiety?

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/q1670932-who-here-has-social-anxiety

Follow up to my question. Would you date someone who has Social Anxiety?

• Yes I would
    55% (17)79% (23)67% (40)Vote
  • No I would not
    26% (8)3% (1)15% (9)Vote
  • It depends (please explain)
    19% (6)18% (5)18% (11)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
13|8

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and have. I can tell when they are getting uncomfortable from across a room and it usually calms them down when I join the convo.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• At one point, I did suffer from social anxiety. Not anymore, but still I'd have no issues dating someone who has it. I'd actually want to try and help her overcome that! :)

0|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 12

• I have social anxiety. So I would understand them. We would never do anything lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, I can't see myself meeting someone with social anxiety and being attracted to the fact that they have it in the first place, because someone with social anxiety wouldn't be anywhere I'm at. And I'm not being shallow, I literally mean I can't-- I wouldn't be even close to compatible with a person with social anxiety.

Now if someone like, say, my boyfriend, developed it magically, that's a different story.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would be very close with anybody who had anxiety, but admittedly I couldn't date somebody who did, because I suffer from GA disorder myself. We would just end up feeding off of each other's anxiousness, which wouldn't be healthy. I can handle myself pretty well on my own, but throw in somebody who is off kilter and it'll throw me off.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've also helped others with anxiety as well, but even then I can at times get overwhelmed. I just don't see it going well.

• Well I have social anxiety so I would be fine with it.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't know, maybe. I think I have social anxiety but I'm good enough to hide it so not many know I have it and seem all confident..

0|1
    0|0
    • I bet i could tell, takes one to know one :P

• Show All
    • Well i tend to rub my chin a lot, and grind my teeth. I also can sometimes avoid talking to people because i think it will go bad for me. :/

• I tend to look at people's eyebrow and forehead instead of their eyes.

• Yeah no problem

1|1
    0|0
  • Probably not (I'm a hypocrite).

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm down. I don't think it would bother me.

0|1
    0|0
  • No I could not. That would drive me crazy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Vote A = Yes = This is everyone at some point, self included.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I have it so I'd be pretty hypocritical not to date someone because of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course I'd date someone with social anxiety.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• ehhhhh
    That's kinda problematic cos "someone with social anxiety" that's kinda vague , each person with social anxiety are also unique person by him/herself. It's just that he/she has social anxiety.
    Nonetheless , I can't say yes or no until I've met and mingled with that person.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. I am not sure I would put up with an agoraphobic who can't even get groceries from the store. That, and anxiety stems from uncertainty, and it can be trained against.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, since I have it. I can't stand hypocrites and I refuse to become one myself.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yeah, sure. Everyone has a "thing." Bring it on, we'll get through it together.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes of course. Everyone has their own characteristics and problems, we can not turn away from the person.

1|1
    0|0
  • I have social anxiety and have been single my whole life, not by choice. I'm shocked any girl said yes to this when all I see is the outgoing guys get the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's impossible because I have social anxiety...

0|0
    0|0