Guys, when a girl says she doesn't want a relationship what do you think?

I like a guy but i dont want a relationship. I've put him in the friendzone and even said we should try being friends with benefits. I get the feeling he's not down to be anything. he's stopped texting me for a day. So im under the impression he doesn't know what to do with me. Am i playing games and dont know it? Would any guy get fed up with this?

• I'd stop trying with her.
    81% (21)
  • I'd be friends with her.
    19% (5)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

13

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends. Sometimes girls say that so that you go away, it doesn't mean she wants to have a friends with benefits.
    But other times girls say that because they don't wanna get attach and have casual sex, either in a friends with benefits situation or with random guys.

I would ask her what she really wants and then decide. In your case, you said you wanted a friends with benefits but he stopped texting so it means he would only pursue something with you if it was serious.
    I don't think you're playing games cause you were straightforward and told him what you wanted.

• I say it because im bad with feelings. After our date and hooking up i felt like i was in love with him and it freaked me out. I almost kicked him to the curb buy i friend zoned him.

What Guys Said 12

• Id be friends but spend more time with other girls.

• No girl has ever directly told me "I don't want a relationship." That would be a lot better than the responses I do get.

Supposing a girl did say that, I would take it at face value and stop pursuing her. I have always suspected that much of the time it isn't meant to be taken at face value, but the risk of being labeled a "creep" by trying to find out if she really doesn't like me is too real. I wouldn't try being friends, that just wouldn't work.

• If he's any kind of man at all he won't give you the time of day. Your reasons for not wanting a relationship may well be legitimate. But when you reject a man, he will usually, if he has a backbone blow you off, walk away and never speak to you. Why should he?

• Well she clearly is not interested so why waste time?

• No lol I wouldn't be friends with her

• If I initionally wanted a relationship I wouldn't bother being friends, unless it's benefits there.

• Straightforward statement with little detail, motivation is lost, seek new target.

• It's real simple. If a guy can't get what he wants from you he will go somewhere else.

• If he was persistent, would you let him be with you?

• For me it always over.

• "and even said we should try being friends with benefits. I get the feeling he's not down to be anything. "

What is he gay or something? That's the best option lol.

• I'm in the same situation with a girl, but our problem is distance and time. She's friendzoned me but she wants to hang out and doesn't want a GF/BF thing. I think she just wants to hang out every blue moon and fuck. I wouldn't be fed up with it. In fact you sound like my kind of girl since I don't want a girlfriend. However, I'm not other guys. Most guys don't like that. It's understandable. I think you should give him more time than a day though. Maybe a few days. Maybe he's upset and needs to cool down. Then talk to him again and if he still doesn't want what you want you gotta let him go.

• Thanks for the advise. Im just scared of commitment but i like him and only want to sleep with him. Is that weird?

• No not weird.