Guys, multiple texts one after another from your lady love... How do you handle this?

I realize this can be frustrating and annoying at times, to say the least, but I also think you guys secretly crave attention, so I feel like it depends on your mood and whatcha got going on, am I right or wrong on this?

Thanks for your help guys!

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends what the content of the text is, really. Is it informative? Is it sweet? Affectionate? Funny? In that case, the text would typically make me grin, remind me of why I'm in love with you.

... Or is it a bunch of links to a series of cat videos? Or a frustrated rant?

Regardless of what the text is about, avoid all-caps.

What Guys Said 17

• Multiple texts are fine if she doesn't expect me to respond to them all, or read them for that matter. I might like attention, but I get the same attention from my dishwasher and microwave. They respond with annoying beeps and flashes that inform me of every bit of minutia that I just don't care about. That isn't the kind of attention I want.

• If he doesn't answer you, there are 2 options: He is not seeing them, and you will be seen as an atention seeker, always sending messages, so when he comes back, he'll get like 10 messages and realize all the preassure you're doing on him: it's bad.
    Option 2 he is not answering because he isn't interested; doesn't care; not in the mood. Then that is anoying, so if he is anwsering he will give some clue to when to stop it. If he is not answeing and you're not mad at him, I would stop at the second or third unanswared.

• That would be incredible to get attention. Girls never give me any attention whatsoever.` I always have to text first, and if im not funny, charming, or otherwise very engaging I get hardly any response. I get jealous when I see girls texting their boyfriend how much they love them. I never even get a "hey, how's your day going?". Basically it feels completely opposite to this--not getting any texts whatsoever. Its always a 1 way street with me at least. I'd seriously think i was being conned if a girl was giving me that much attenton

• Yea, well you're not alone there, It was opposite for me too, I gave and gave of my time and attention, and got nada in return, I got crap, so I quit his ass

• sometimes and it depends on what is happening and what the texts are about.
    if I am just sitting and watching TV with nothing happening, it is fine.
    if I am in bed wanting to go to sleep, or if I am in the middle of something, then it is just irritating.
    and if it happens too often it is irritating.
    if you need to say that much call. texting has become too much of a crutch. I rather hear her voice then get a text.

• I like it personally, but it can get overwhelming and I think can also be detrimental to a relationship. The reason is because of the effect of the communication. When we communicate over the computer we have a harder time relating to the writer and see the attempt at communication more as information and with much less emotion. When you communicate in person you communicate mostly with body language and gestures. A subtle shuffle of the feet or a soft smile allow us to connect on a much better way for relationships.
    So while we do crave the attention it is important to make sure we don't create and overload of information. I know that has effected my past relationships. After working a long day receiving multiple texts in a row can be exhausting.

• I wouldn't mind, but I would rather her call me!

• @Asker - Texts in my opinion leave too much open room for false interpretations! I would very much like it if she called, that way I know how she's saying it and where the conversation is going so that way if I need to direct the conversation to where I want it to go I can do that.

• Very true and wise

• Doesn't bother me at all. If she starts complaining that I'm not responding fast enough, that would bother me.

• Well yea, I can understand that. Women naturally talk more, so I imagine it could be 'trying' at times... in order to keep up

• Ah those days those were good days.

• It lets me know you care and love me. Trust me any guy who thinks otherwise doesn't really give a shit. Its far better lots of contact than hardly any!

• Yes, yes I agree totally. I, and other woman, hate and I mean really hate... despise actually, to be ignored

• That would be ideal for me actually

• I am ok with it as long as you do not demand that I answer. I prefer talking to you once I am done with the day and spend some time with you and a glass of wine and hear you talk about your day while I massage your shoulders and kiss you in the neck. How does it sound?

• Yea, I'm hearing this a lot, the part about the guy being fine with multiple txts, so long as the woman in not expecting a response right away, and I get what you're saying and all, it's just sometimes us women let our imaginations run wild and we think up all kinds of horrific scenarios as to why you're not replying, causing a multitude of texts when this can all be avoided with a quick, " Hey, busy at the moment, let me get back at you here shortly" or something around them lines, just to ease our worrying minds. Make sense?

• Ok, so the texts didn't really have anything to do here. He was ignoring you in many other ways.

• The texts had much to do with it actually, I despise being ignored. If you don't wanna talk, just say so, least then I'd know somethin, I mean damn, how hard is that

• I cannot stand texts, maybe because i hate how impersonal they are

• After a while, I'd tell her I am busy because I have a low tolerance level.

• i can't talk about hypothetical scenarios

• I prefer to have a 1-1 texting ration back and forth but a few at times im pretty avalible I don't mind.

• I like it a lot, but when I really need to be getting work done it can kinda be annoying cause I don't want to make you feel bad but I really need you to stop. But yes we love to have that kind of attention from our girlfriend

• Lol... 'Roger that', '10 4', I feel ya on that,. just try to keep in mind, we as mature women never want to appear annoying or bothersome, are intentions aren't to deliberately cause friction, we just usually need a little reassurance is all, as we, as well, can be a bit insecure and need some attention from our significant other. Maybe instead of brushin' us off, or the infamous 'ignore' tactic, you guys could give the simple courtesy in shooting a text our way, letting us women know that it's not a good time, and your super busy and will phone us as soon as your through with the task at hand... and follow through. Note: (these tactics often imposes an unwarranted effect causing much frustration for both parties involved) js. Thanks for your comment

• I never ignored a text from the girls I was dating, that's why it was frustrating cause they would say I was brushing them off even though I plainly (and gently mind you, I am not crass) told them I needed to get work done and would respond when I finished. I suppose that's the effect of spending too much time with your woman, she might get anxious being away from you and some girls can be more obsessive than others.

• Yea, very true, I know I can attach

• You're absolutely right. I would make me so happy :)