Does my work colleague like me?

I've been working on a project at work for a couple of months and I have a crush on one of the guys on the team. Throughout the project we have once a week in person meeting, but have also had to talk on the phone quite a bit. Everytime we are together in person we end up staying after the meeting and talking for a half hour to an hour about work and life. Everytime we talk on the phone a half hour will pass without noticing. It really seems like we get along great and that we are flirting. He would often mention wanting to get a drink after work, but wouldn't straight out ask. Last week, when he did that again, I basically was like I could use a drink too and he invited me to join him! It was great and we ended up hanging out for 5 hours before I had to go and meet a friend that I already had plans with. We kind of left it as see you around and I figured he would want to hang out again.

Now that the summer is ending, the project will be put on hold until next year and I won't really have a reason to interact with him anymore and I am sad because I won't see him any more. I kind of hinted at getting together for a drink again and he said "yeah we can figure it out later". I don't have his real phone number (only work number), so I feel awkward texting or calling him. If he hasn't made any moves does it mean that he isn't interested? After months of build up, it kind of felt like things were finally falling into place and that maybe we would stay in touch during the work hiatus. I don't want to put myself out there too much, because I'll have to continue to work with him, but I also don't want to stop talking to him.

Is he interested? What can I do to try to see him again in a non work setting?

What Guys Said 1

• I'm almost certain you're on to something. You both seem to click well and enjoy each others' company. Really you just need to get his number. And considering you guys have already spent hours on the phone and spent time at the bar together, asking for that really wouldn't be that weird.

Even if his feelings aren't the same, you guys can still be friends. I've been in that situation, and it really only takes a week or two for things to go back to normal.

What Girls Said 0