How do you get a shy guy to hold your hand?

My guy friend and I have both admitted we have feelings for EACHOTHER but I don't think that either of us are ready for a relationship. Last month he tried to hold my hand, twice, but failed twice.. he thought id get upset with him but I never noticed that he was trying to hold my hand until he told me over text when he left my house. So how do I get him to get over his shyness if that's the issue, or should I just make the first move?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's more about when is the appropriate time to do that, when you're crossing the street, even I you know you can cross it yourself, the nice thing to do would be to grab the hand, if he can do that, then there ya go, have him read up on how to be a good boyfriend, he'll learn, if he reads

Most Helpful Girl

• open up ur body language. while u talk to him, touch his shoulder or hand for the shortest moment. smile and engage with ur eye contact. doing that will sort of make him feel 'she likes me. i can do this'... kinda thing.

it'll lift his confidence and he will feel that he wants to express his affection towards u.

What Guys Said 5

• You take his hand while you're walking. Someone needs to be assertive. Teenage guys are emotionally about 2 years behind girls of same age.

• How can he fail at holding hands? Haha maybe you're the one whose gonna need to get him out of his comfort zone

• Just run up to him grab his hand and ruuuunn! ahahaha thats how it works for my girlfrineds.

• Hmm good question. You should not make the first move you should wait till you see a sign then meet him half way. If he don't try to make a move talk to him about it.

• "Just run up to him grab his hand and ruuuunn!" or stand in front of him. Give your hand and say, "Hold me!" and act shy ;)

What Girls Said 0