Guys, Why in the world do men ask women if they have a boyfriend?

This guy in one of my classes asked if I had a boyfriend, and I just met him like two days ago! We were chatting and I thought he wanted to be friends which was awesome... but.. then he asked if I had a boyfriend. Is he tying to get with me?

Update : I said no I don't

8

Most Helpful Guy

• So we know whether we have a shot or should just give up before we invest too much in you.

What Guys Said 7

• Alright, it's common sense time:

Let's say YOU came across an attractive guy. You two start talking, and somewhere along the conversation you ask him if he has a girlfriend.

What would be your reasoning for asking?

• probably, guys talk with their dicks in mind!

• He wants to date you. Fairly obvious in my opinion.

• So they can find out if they have any competition.

• Guys and girls don't just become friends. One will always have an attraction.

• Im sorry to burst your bubble gum but every guy is wired to reproduce. How do we do that? Oh I don't know. SEX. How do we get there? By knowing someone and who they are. If he stares at you a lot then 9/10 he likes you esspecially asking if you have a boyfriend.

• Don't worry, soon nobody will ask you :)