HELP-He said he doesn't want a relationship right now but acts like a boyfriend?

I met this new guy friend 3 weeks ago & we've been hanging out/talking A LOT. I was so sure he liked me & when I finally got the nerve to ask him he replied "I love talking to you & I think we're really compatible but I'm not looking for a serious relationship right now". I was disappointed but I said ok let's just be friends. WE've hung out a couple times since that conversation & now he insists on paying for stuff when we go out (which he never did before). He also texts semi-flirty stuff now and just texted "I'll miss you when you're gone" (I'm going out of town for 2 weeks). What's up with his weird behavior? Is he trying to play me somehow? Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• He's just trying to keep you there without having to commit to you. I spent 7 months with a guy like that and he eventually broke my heart. I do not recommend to stick around when a guy has said he isn't interested in a relationship. Mostly it ends up bad because you develop expectations and it hurts. I doubt he is playing you. He's just keeping his options open and wants to have the freedom the mess around with who ever he wants when he wants. I would never tolerate that behavior again after my last experience. A guy should know if he wants you or not and when he does it should be normal for him to want to commit.

What Guys Said 2

• He's either really trying to stay single right now, or he doesn't think that he should commit.

• I would say that he does like you in a more than a friends way, but he might be scared to be in a serious relationship at the moment. I doubt that he is a player

What Girls Said 3

• No he isn't playing you. I have been in a relationship jus like that. Most times guys say exactly what they mean. The ones I know just tell you like it is. So if he says lets be friends he either wants to take it slow to know you better or exactly what he said, he just isn't ready.
    Now the good part is he is thinking about you. So he texts and tells you. I was in that same situation! And he treated me like a girlfriend. Got jealous, bought things, told me sweet things. For like three weeks! That was when he gave in and we became one. Maybe a guy can also give an opinion. Sometimes these men confuse me too.

• You will only continue to grow to like him because he's doing the boyfriendy kinda stuff but he's not interested in having something committed - he wants some friends with benefits stylee. He's laid it out and you still want to hang out so he's going with the sweetner route to see what else it gets him.

• Just let it play out and be unassuming. You guys don't eben know each other...