How do your parents feel about interracial dating?

Mine totally disapprove of it, but there's nothing wrong with it, love knows no color or ethnicity

Most Helpful Guy

• You and me would be interracial, my parents would be ecstatic if I introduced you.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom wasn't happy about it at first, because she wanted me to have "full blooded" offspring, but once she got to know my boyfriend, she saw why I loved him and came around.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't talk to my parents anymore. They were typical racist christian conservatives anyway, so I doubt they would approve. Of course, they wouldn't approve of anyone at all that was dating me - not because they would have thought them unworthy or anything like that, but because they would have thought I shouldn't be do anything that might end in happiness. To that end, since they consider other races to be lesser beings, there is a chance they would approve of it, as they would think a "lesser being" is precisely the sort of thing that has the greatest chance of ending in misery.

But again, I don't talk to them anymore.

• 1|1
  • My mother would be thrilled if I brought a black girl home (she has something of a fetish for black girls), and I think they always expected me to end up with an Asian girl. My dad wouldn't care either way.

Every girl I've ever brought home has been white.

• My mom would be totally fine with it. I don't know how my dad would feel about it.

It wouldn't matter to me though because I will date whatever race I want, and they can't say shit to me because not only would it be MY choice, but they can't talk because of how heavily mixed I myself am.

• My parents don't care the least about it. My mother is a brainwashed church troll and therefore only cares about the religion of my partner and my father is a liberal who thinks we are all the same.

• Never had an interracial date sadly. One of my bigger regrets in life actually.

I think my parents would be ok with it but it would definitely shock them at first.

• Mine want me to only date White girls.
    They are ok with Latinas but against anything else.
    I'm personally all for dating White, Latino or Asian ladies.

• Don't care.

• They don't give a shit

• I couldn't care less if my parents disapprove but they don't mind as long as its a good person.

• I don't think my dad would mind.

What Girls Said 11

• my family is multiracial. so.. it's complicated.
    my mom would prefer me to date an arab guy, latino guy (black or white, doesn't seem to matter to her - culture is what she's looking for). my dad would prefer i be with white guys (even tho my dad himself is only half white -_- )

I prefer to date whoever I want :p THO I will say that i always thought i'd end up with a guy who is also latino/arab or latino/caribbean. that clearly did not happen. My partner is 1000% white, which was not something I really ever considered. He's the one for me tho :) I've got no complaints...

okay one complaint - how has he been with me for 5 years and not learned to speak spanish? lmao

• I'm not sure how my parents feel about it, but I know my extended family (like aunts, uncles, grandparents) disapprove. I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all, personally.

• Mine wouldn't approve it... definitely not

:/

• mine don't care either way. as long as he's a good guy and makes me happy :)

• They have to approve it. From the generation of my great-grandparents of both sides and since then, the following all are interracial marriages. They can't possibly disapprove it.

• Mine don't give a shit. They only wouldn't like it if I brought someone home with a cap and trying to act though and stuff.

• Don't know, never asked them.

• Same here. My parents disapprove.

• My mom wouldn't mind, but my dad would probably throw a straight up tantrum.

• Mine are totally okay with it!

• My parents say they don't mind it but they're racist and that upsets me.