How do your parents feel about interracial dating?

Mine totally disapprove of it, but there's nothing wrong with it, love knows no color or ethnicity

0|0
12|12

Most Helpful Guy

• You and me would be interracial, my parents would be ecstatic if I introduced you.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My mom wasn't happy about it at first, because she wanted me to have "full blooded" offspring, but once she got to know my boyfriend, she saw why I loved him and came around.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• I don't talk to my parents anymore. They were typical racist christian conservatives anyway, so I doubt they would approve. Of course, they wouldn't approve of anyone at all that was dating me - not because they would have thought them unworthy or anything like that, but because they would have thought I shouldn't be do anything that might end in happiness. To that end, since they consider other races to be lesser beings, there is a chance they would approve of it, as they would think a "lesser being" is precisely the sort of thing that has the greatest chance of ending in misery.

But again, I don't talk to them anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1|1
    0|0
  • My mother would be thrilled if I brought a black girl home (she has something of a fetish for black girls), and I think they always expected me to end up with an Asian girl. My dad wouldn't care either way.

Every girl I've ever brought home has been white.

1|0
    0|0
  • My mom would be totally fine with it. I don't know how my dad would feel about it.

It wouldn't matter to me though because I will date whatever race I want, and they can't say shit to me because not only would it be MY choice, but they can't talk because of how heavily mixed I myself am.

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents don't care the least about it. My mother is a brainwashed church troll and therefore only cares about the religion of my partner and my father is a liberal who thinks we are all the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had an interracial date sadly. One of my bigger regrets in life actually.

I think my parents would be ok with it but it would definitely shock them at first.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine want me to only date White girls.
    They are ok with Latinas but against anything else.
    I'm personally all for dating White, Latino or Asian ladies.

0|0
    1|0
  • Don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • They don't give a shit

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't care less if my parents disapprove but they don't mind as long as its a good person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think my dad would mind.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• my family is multiracial. so.. it's complicated.
    my mom would prefer me to date an arab guy, latino guy (black or white, doesn't seem to matter to her - culture is what she's looking for). my dad would prefer i be with white guys (even tho my dad himself is only half white -_- )

I prefer to date whoever I want :p THO I will say that i always thought i'd end up with a guy who is also latino/arab or latino/caribbean. that clearly did not happen. My partner is 1000% white, which was not something I really ever considered. He's the one for me tho :) I've got no complaints...

okay one complaint - how has he been with me for 5 years and not learned to speak spanish? lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure how my parents feel about it, but I know my extended family (like aunts, uncles, grandparents) disapprove. I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all, personally.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine wouldn't approve it... definitely not

:/

0|0
    0|0
  • mine don't care either way. as long as he's a good guy and makes me happy :)

0|0
    0|0
  • They have to approve it. From the generation of my great-grandparents of both sides and since then, the following all are interracial marriages. They can't possibly disapprove it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine don't give a shit. They only wouldn't like it if I brought someone home with a cap and trying to act though and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know, never asked them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same here. My parents disapprove.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom wouldn't mind, but my dad would probably throw a straight up tantrum.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine are totally okay with it!

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents say they don't mind it but they're racist and that upsets me.

0|0
    0|0