Is it normal that I feel a little weird about asking out a girl who is taller than me?

I'm 5'6'', and I'm thinking about asking out a girl who is 5'7''-5'8"ish. We have a lot in common, but I feel kinda weird about this. I don't particularly care about the height difference, (I know that I'm short) but something about violating generally accepted cultural norms when it comes to height in dating feels a bit weird.

I don't know if I'm making sense or not, it's not like this changes how I feel, it's just that for some reason I feel a little weird about asking out someone who is taller than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let's be honest, if you say, and I quote: "I don't particularly care about the height difference," then this shouldn't even be a question. If you have things in common, you think you'll get along and you like this girl, hers or your height shouldn't make one difference, but in this question alone you've stated three times that you feel out of place about this. You've got to stop focusing on this trivial detail, stop caring or thinking about what other people "might" think about you dating a taller girl, and just go off and get to know this girl better. You're wasting time thinking about this, when you could be having a great time with her.

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont have this issue because Im 6 2. But I dont think it should be a big deal. It might seem weird but do whatever you feel comfortable with.

What Girls Said 2

• Date who every you want to, size doesn't matter

• its normal yeah.

What Guys Said 0