Have you met your gf/bf online?

I have heard a lot about online dating, but never actually met a person who found his significant other on a dating app/site. So my question is: have you ever dated a person you found on the internet? If you have, how did the relationship take off, how long did it lasted, are you willing to repeat the experience and do you recommend online dating to other persons? If you haven’t, do you think that this would be a positive or negative experience, and are you willing to try it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have. I rather not go into details but i'm still currently with my boyfriend. The unexpected just happened pretty much.

As for other people? Online dating isn't everyone's cup of tea. People like to be close to their significant other and distance plays a part if you guys aren't close by. Some people would call it unrealistic, others may think it's what they have been waiting for.

There are ups and downs to every relationship (which is quite normal) but it's challenging. You would be surprised how much time and effort, the obstacles that you go through, all for someone you love. I believe it's worth it, if you can make something happen from it.

• Could you please tell me if you talked for a long time before decided to meet up?

• Thank you for MH. Oh it will be one of those talking for a long time things before I meet up (LDR)

• Ooo, I understand. Thank you :)

What Guys Said 4

• I met a girl online some time ago but... unfortunately after a month and when most eager to meet her, I discovered I would be second choice and things went wrong :-(
    In my age class, it's difficult to meet people who are single. Even on a dating site, many don't respond if you try to get in touch.
    I guess it's because they have already met someone on the site... when there are few people in an age class they're popular :o

• Yes, you could say that.

• I've tried it, it hasn't worked for me yet, but possibly it will

• online dating = e-clubbing = hot guy hunt and having a sex

What Girls Said 4

• I personally have never dated anyone I met over the internet. The only way I would ever consider this is if he lived close by. Even then, I would need to talk to him for quite some time before agreeing to meet somewhere.

• ehmm... potentially? 😇

• Never really dated anyone I met online. :)

• Yes! He was a very professional in violence and a very dangerous man. Besides he was 29 or 30 and I was just 21 years old. He's kind with me and love me than I love him but when he's angry!!! I feel that i'm dating a monster not the same person. So I'm trying to just break up with him now.

• He didn’t show signs of violence at the beginning of your relationship? Did he tried to hide it?

• Ok, thank you for sharing :)

• You are welcome :)